Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PAiA Tubeheads....

Specifically the Mono-Tubehead (Designed by Mr. Anderton, I believe.). Has anyone here tryed out the Mono-Tubehead with a bass? If so, how was it? I'm thinking about picking up the kit from PAiA and building it, but I want an idea of how well it'll work for my needs first. Thanks,
~Shivall

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Shivall: [b]Specifically the Mono-Tubehead (Designed by Mr. Anderton, I believe.). Has anyone here tryed out the Mono-Tubehead with a bass? If so, how was it? I'm thinking about picking up the kit from PAiA and building it, but I want an idea of how well it'll work for my needs first. Thanks,[/b][/quote]I built a dual tubehead back when they first came out. It's a pretty complicated project compared to most of the other ones, but fun to build. It's a starved voltage type design so it sounds similar to offerings from ART etc. It would give you clean to slighty dirty/gritty tone for bass. I don't really think it's rugged enough to carry around for a gigging bass rig but it might be okay for recording. If you get it, be careful of the wall wart because the wires are tiny on this piece. Always made me nervious.

Archived