Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Double Stops>?

Thingus

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A double stop is when you play two notes at the same time. You are "stopping" or fretting two notes with your left hand.

Any two notes will do.

Try playing a C on the 8th fret of the E string.

Then play Bb on the 8th fret of the D string and E on the 9th fret of the G string at the same time.

Now play the C again, this time pluck it with your right thumb and then play the Bb and E, plucking with your first and second fingers.

Alternate the C with the E and Bb.

You are now playing something resembling a C7 chord. Obviously you aren't playing the 5th of the chord, the G. Don't worry about it.

Have fun.

How many bassist use the "finger shoot" technique for hitting multiple notes? Sorry if you have idea what I'm talking about. Really hard to explain us bassists' technique ;) .

Let me do a brief explanation. You make your hand into a fist. Then flick (or "shoot") your finger out so they stretching outward.

Took me forever to learn the technique and do it half good. Took another lifetime to figure out why I do it.

In Skynyrd We Trust

Originally posted by Da LadY In Tha Pink Dress:

How many bassist use the "finger shoot" technique for hitting multiple notes? Sorry if you have idea what I'm talking about. Really hard to explain us bassists' technique ;) .

Let me do a brief explanation. You make your hand into a fist. Then flick (or "shoot") your finger out so they stretching outward.

Took me forever to learn the technique and do it half good. Took another lifetime to figure out why I do it.

I know what you're talkin' about. I do it occasionally... though it never quite sounds the way it does in my head.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

That sounds like a flamenco technique, pink dress. It's called a rasgueo.

Read this web page.

internet flamenco lessons

And watch Abraham LaBoriel if you ever get a chance. He can do amazing things with this technique.

This might be my 2000th post. It's time for the Hall of Fame, baby! And you can take that to the bank.

Originally posted by jeremyc:

This might be my 2000th post. It's time for the Hall of Fame, baby! And you can take that to the bank.

Jeremy, congratulations on your 2000th post and induction to the Lowdown Hall of Fame. :cool:

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Thanks everyone for all your help!

I guess I already knew what a double stop was, (I play them all the time!) just never knew that was what it was called.

Thanks again!

Im just a dreamer

Dreaming my life away

Archived