Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

recording tips from the forum

PETE_COMBS

Here shortly me and another guitarist are going to record some original written music.We will be using sonar 20 xl its great software to use and we've used it before.I want he forum to kindly suggest any tips or tricks on home recording.
Pete Combs...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When recording your bass on sonar, designate two tracks for recording and pan one left 100% and one right 100%. The white area that you will see your track recorded in needs to be as filled up with signal as possible. think of the white area as white noise. The more signal you have the less white noise. Lastly, don't adjust your volume on the program too much because you need it in the mixing process. Use your EQ and preamp volume to get you right to the red level zone with out clipping. If you are still not getting enough signal, run your preamp through your head and plug in to you head's direct out and crank the direct out level then adjust with the master volume on the head. thats about all i can think of.
I didn't come here to play. I came here to make babies.

Originally posted by orphan wells:

[QB]When recording your bass on sonar, designate two tracks for recording and pan one left 100% and one right 100%. The white area that you will see your track recorded in needs to be as filled up with signal as possible. think of the white area as white noise. The more signal you have the less white noise.... QB]

And why, pray tell, should a bass signal be split to two tracks in Sonar? And Sonor has white noise around the bass tracks? Hmmm.

Dave Martin

Java Jive Studio

Nashville, TN

www.javajivestudio.com

Cuppa Joe Records

www.cuppajoerecords.com

Archived