Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IT'S BEEN OVER 4 HOURS SINCE THE LAST GEEZER BUTLER THREAD!

dcr

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the balance maintained by our folks here. When we go too long without a "noise" thread, one of our normally helpful members adds one. Just for balance. It's been BenLoy in the past (but there are too many gigs for him lately, so he doesn't have the time). Now dcr steps up. Since he's a philosopher/metaphysist/thinking person type, I'm guessing that this balance appeals to him.

For the record,

I liked Geezer's work with Black Sabbath.

tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Ya know... I just bought Black Sabbath's first album (Black Sabbath) again on cassette so I could listen in my car... and guess what? Geezer was definitely a pretty out-there guy... I'm not sure how he made those crazy, busy bass lines fit into the network of Iommi's monster riffage and Ward's shady drumming, but he did it... and made it sound great.

Geezer, man. Woo.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived