Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best gig ever

Phoney McRing Ring

Evening eveyone, just a little story to tell that i thought you would find interesting.

I was playing a gig for my newly formed funk-rock band in a church hall. It was all going fairly well and the crowd were getting very much into it. I was very pleased with how it was going until mid way through one of our songs our rivals in the area appeared and started throwing things at us.

My guitarist was all for leaping off the stage and smiting them with his tele but before he could the entire crowed had turned on them, lifted them up and literally threw them out the door :eek: . It was the best sight i've seen in my life and today i've been told that no-one showed up for their gig that was planned for earlier today :) . aaaaa revenge is sweet. :thu:

Anyhoo, enough of my story whats the best gig you guys have ever played?

Ta

"I am just an instrument cos the lord is playing this funk"-T.M Stevens

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, you Scots with your boiling blood. Makes me proud my ancestors are Scottish...who settled in the hills of Kentucky.

Y'all did this in CHURCH? Wow.

Can't top it, but I do have a comment (our bluegrass band plays this one all the time) Try this one for punk rock:

SCOTS WHA HA'E

Scots, wha ha'e wi' Wallace bled,

Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,

Welcome to your gory bed

Or to victorie!

Now's the day, and now's the hour:

See the front o' battle lour,

See approach proud Edward's power -

Chains and slaverie!

Wha will be a traitor knave?

Wha can fill a coward's grave?

Wha sae base as be a slave? -

Let him turn, and flee!

Wha for Scotland's King and Law

Freedom's sword will strongly draw,

Freeman stand or freeman fa',

Let him follow me!

By Oppression's woes and pains,

By your sons in servile chains,

We will drain our dearest veins

But they shall be free!

Lay the proud usurpers low!

Tyrants fall in every foe!

Liberty's in every blow!

Let us do, or die!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

DBB -- you carry the lead vocals on that one, don't you?

:D

Great story, Phoney.

I played a gig at a carnival in Italy once. We were whistled and booed by members of the audience, although were able to finish our set. (Not the strongest band I ever played with :( , but a great bunch of fellahs to hang with and we had fun playing! :thu: )

About a few weeks later I started playing with a couple of other Italians -- very strong musicians, but unfortunately not quite as much fun to hang with! I had a sticker from my other band on my bass, they recognized the name, and admitted to having been among the audience members giving us a crap time at the carnival. I guess even if our band wasn't good enough for these two fellahs, at least I could hold down the bottom well enough so that they'd jam with me! :D

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived