Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Venus and Serena, yeah!

I for one am excited about Venus and Serena Williams both facing each other in the French Open Finals. The first time in history sisters have done this and, more importantly, the first time two black women have been ranked numbers 1 and 2 in tennis. Go girls.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I forgot to predict. I don't know whether this is delayed or not. If it is don't tell me who won as I'm just beginning to watch. But I think Venus is going to do it. They both lose their focus, concentration at times, but I think Venus is still the better player. Serena is so powerful, but she gets too emotionally flustered and makes dumb mistakes. Even though she wiped the court with Capriati. Should be a good match unless they play too polite with each other.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

You gotta wonder though if they give their best or if they just take turns winning. "Ok, Venus, you win this time and Serena, you get the next time." "But Dad, Venus always gets to win first!"
Jen H.

They have a weird history with each other - they don't like seeing the other lose. This has made for a bunch of odd matches from them. Didn't one of them crap out of a final last year when they were supposed to play each other? I'd rather see one of them play someone else for the final. But, since it's already under way, I guess I'll have to live with reality :) -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Yeah, they're playing pretty well. I'm guessing that Serena will win this one (she's up a set now). She had the US Open, then Venus had Wimbledon and US Open, now it's Serena's turn for another one. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Serena won it! Man the way she's playing, she's unbeatable. I saw her in the Capriati match and she struggled, but perservered. I don't know about whether they lay down for each other. I don't think so, but it must be very difficult to play your sib. There would be so many emotional layers, especially when the crowd starts calling against you in favor of lil' sis. When it's clear your Mom is pulling for little sister and your Dad says publically that you'd be first to get number one but Serena will eventually take that honor because she's the better player. It's gotta be hard, but you've trained trough so much adversity. Man it was great seeing Venus go get that camera to take a picture of her sister. Those two are so clean. I love it. Such a strong family. The media has tried to denigrate them and their father Richard, saying that he didn't know what he was doing. Take that!

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Archived