Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oscar Stagnaro - Great Bass Player!

bassaddik

I just received Oscar Stagnaro's CD " Mariela's Dream" and it's killin!

If you a fan of Latin Jazz or just great grooves and fantastic bass playing, you should check him out - this guy is serious!

I could go on, but his site tells much more..

http://www.oscarstagnaro.com/

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few months ago I caught Oscar at a gig in downtown Providence for free :thu: , he was playing his ass off. Didn't get to talk to him, had to go to work. There are a few bassist in town who, with their drummers, go to Oscar's to take lessons. Wish I had time to do the same.

Thanks for the tip bassaddik. I was just reading his article in the latest BP and it really sounded like something I wanted to check out. Love that Latin groove!

el conguero gato (i think i spelled that right ;)

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by Chitolu:

Oscar Stagnaro and Alex Acuña, a killer peruvian combination :thu:

de acuerdo!

one of my favorite musicians on the planet is Ricardo " Cocho" Arbe- he is a Peruvian keyboardist that i work with a lot here in Vegas- he gigs with Alex and Oscar a lot. he is a very dear frined and about as good a person as you would ever meet.

I also play in a band called Latin Breeze here and we have a beautiful Peruvian singer named Rosita Prado and a male singer named Marcos Cosillo and they are both excellent Peruvian singers- seems that there is a lot of African influence in some Peruvian musicans- hence, out of South America- peruvian musicians sound the most "Caribbean" meaning they play salsa with the same flavor that Puerto rican and Cuban musicians do...

being Cuban, i hear this and appreciate it - i have a lot of respect for Peruvian players- there is definitely something very cool going on there!-

Alex Acuna is monster- full of flavor- i would give anything to play with him sometime- my father did in Puerto Rico- maybe someday, when Oscar , Abraham Laboriel , John Pena and every other baddass bassist in LA is unavailable!!

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Archived