Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Johnson J Station

Funkwave

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The J-station is nice.....Sounds are solid. Sounds great recording. I cant speak for the bass Vamp yet. I just ordered the rackmount version, so I'll let you know when I get it. But yes the j-station is DEFINETELY worth checking into.
Brainwashed by ME,Myself influenced I

i've found some useful bass tones with it, but it's no bass POD. of course, it's not meant to be a bass POD, so i guess that's no surprise.

i have been able to use it very succesfully in recording. lots of great guitar tones and some pretty useable bass tones. i like using their mega 1516 model -- a peavey 1x15 + 2x8 in the same cab. that makes everything sound good. i don't like their SVT sound -- it doesn't sound like an SVT to me.

same as the POD, it's great for recording and practicing, but i wouldn't try to use it live. i did, it was ok, but it was far from great. a real rig is much better.

i thought i had a good deal when i bought it a year and a half ago for $150, but now that it's at $99, i can't believe everyone doesn't own one, just to have one.

robb.

The S/PDIF output of the J-Station is a real winner.

Super quiet.... my VU meters drop down to an ultra-quiet -104db when I kick in the digital port of my Echo Mia card.

And the editing software is pretty good, too.

Very glad I bought it.

Originally posted by timobrien:

The S/PDIF output of the J-Station is a real winner.

Super quiet.... my VU meters drop down to an ultra-quiet -104db when I kick in the digital port of my Echo Mia card.

And the editing software is pretty good, too.

Very glad I bought it.

It comes with editing software?! I didn't know that! I'm gonna get one now.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Originally posted by ibescotty:

That was a quick bout of GAS there Addix!! :D

Yeah, I don't hold on to GAS very long... I've actually been throwin' the idea around for awhile, but then it was $150. Now it's around $100 AND it comes with editing software!

That's the clincher...

I still need a 4-string, though.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

I have a J-stat and highly recommend it, but I only use it for recording scratch guitar tracks and practicing. For someone who doesn't have the option of mic'ing a real amp these things are a godsend! It has 3 bass models but I can get a much better sound using the DI output of my amp. The digital modeling sound is real harsh and literally hurts my ears after 10 minutes even with the volume low. Anyway, I'd still highly recommend getting one.
my band: Mission 5

Archived