Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer Bass Vamp Pro

Gunslinger

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am interested to see if anyone has any experience with this also. I opted for the Sansamp Bass Driver DI which I have had good results with. I would love to have programmable user presets though...that would be nice.

It is a very attractive unit and my guitarist just finished recording with the guitar Vamp version of the bass vamp and he is going to buy one with a power amp for gigs. So why he is getting his I will be test driving the bass V amp too. I will let you know. All I can say is look at the price...
Providence over serendipity any day.

I purchased the Bass V-Amp (not pro) a couple of months ago. Most of my work is with online collaborations. And, frankly, I couldn't justify the cost of a POD. So, since I've always had good luck with Behringer products, I gave it a chance.

I haven't put it through the ringer, and I don't do live work with it. (I use my Carvin). But, I have been impressed with it so far. I've used it to record all of my basses, and gotten some nice clean tracks. Plus, I've not gotten any complaints from the other end of the process.

So, on that note, for the price, I'm well pleased.

B :cool:

My family "coat of arms" buckles in the back. Is that normal?

Originally posted by Gunslinger:

... I know most of you are "high-end" guys as far as equipment ...

Hey Gunslinger - many of us are "low" and "middle" folks as well. Thing is, we have kept our eyes open to learn about the high end gear. Even though I own some high end stuff, I like to keep up with all levels of gear. In BassPlayer, I read the $369 Hohner review with as much interest as the BBE DI/Pre.

Sorry I have no experience with the Vamp, but it looks so similar to the Bass Pod....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I'm pretty eager to get the lowdown (!) on this thing, too. It looks like it packs a lot for the money. Overall quality is, of course, a big deal. But more specifically, I'd also like to know whether you can use an expression pedal with it, & what parameters you can assign to it. (I know that it has a footswitch, but that's for choosing patches.) And how many bands of EQ can you control with it? Or to what extent do the modeling capabilities make a lot of EQ redundant? How good is the compressor? How good is the chorus? Could chorus parameters be assigned to a pedal? What are its MIDI functions, & how useful are they? And, er, where exactly does the thing go during live play? (I mean, it doesn't go in a rack, & I wouldn't like to put it on the floor, or fuss with another stand... :confused: Here the V-Amp Pro seems a real benefit; or am I missing something?)

... And, er, where exactly does the thing go during live play? (I mean, it doesn't go in a rack, & I wouldn't like to put it on the floor, or fuss with another stand... ?)[/QB]
There is the mini-guitar-shaped version which looks new and modern similar to the Bass POD and a standard rack version as well.
Providence over serendipity any day.

Archived