Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tribute or Epiphone Bass?

Daddygreenjeans

Which bass do you think i should get? Im havin a hard time deciding. Its between a Tribute L2500 Premium 5 String or an Epiphone Viola? I have a Ibanez SR300DX right now. So i dont know if i want another 4 string or 5 string.
"Be water my friend"-Bruce Lee

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - I don't think we can help you with this very much. You've picked two basses with such different characteristics !!!

Price, scale length, active/passive, construction quality. Everything is different. It'd be like deciding if you want to eat chow mein or steak. Both good, but so different.

The G&L is the "better" bass. The only knock I've ever heard is that the pickups are so sharp and hot that sometimes it's just too much. I found this when I've tested them. But they are beautiful instruments.

I've played 30.5" scale, and some instruments don't do such a great job with the E string (like when some basses don't do so well with a B string).

Let us know more about what you are looking for....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I have a biased opinion.....By The G&L.....I have a 1982 G&L L2000. I love it. I like the pickups also. They are great basses. I dont think you'll be dissapointed with it, lots of different tones.
Brainwashed by ME,Myself influenced I

Archived