Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What happened to Macle?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:wave: Here I am. Hey Frank, how are you? I still lurk about here occasionally, just don't talk much (when I do, I seem to say stupid things :eek: )I've been busy, going mad (the meds are working, I think :freak: )...can't believe how long I've been working on this thing! But I'm nearing the end, working on the last tune (actually reworking, did a couple over from scratch :rolleyes: ). Anyway, (i'm pretty sure) it won't be long now... :) Here's a song I recently finished (actually, I think I posted this one a long time ago, but it's a new version) called WhichWayToTheFuture. Figured I spam, since you started this thread! :D (Is it spam if you're not making any money?) Love to hear what you think. http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/3songs Hope yer good, Macle

[quote]Originally posted by macle96@yahoo.com: [b] :wave: Here I am. Hey Frank, how are you? I still lurk about here occasionally, just don't talk much (when I do, I seem to say stupid things :eek: )I've been busy, going mad (the meds are working, I think :freak: )...can't believe how long I've been working on this thing! But I'm nearing the end, working on the last tune (actually reworking, did a couple over from scratch :rolleyes: ). Anyway, (i'm pretty sure) it won't be long now... :) Here's a song I recently finished (actually, I think I posted this one a long time ago, but it's a new version) called WhichWayToTheFuture. Figured I spam, since you started this thread! :D (Is it spam if you're not making any money?) Love to hear what you think. http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/3songs Hope yer good, Macle[/b][/quote]Hey. I'm doing great. I'm on my 3rd pass of "Which Way To The Future". First impression: less Beatle-esque. Which is good and bad. You've changed your vocal chain. More air, but less bite, which is neither good nor bad. Just different. Why the mono drums? At first it was a bit disconcerting, but now I'm digging it. It really does set off the moments where you let the guitars and/or vocals blossom really wide. How did you achieve the leslie guitar effects? (the ones on the backwards guitar stuff? Or is it just a bi-product of it being reversed? Almost sounds like a french horn. cool.) You've changed your guitar technique (both recording and playing). Much more present and alive. Sounds really good. You must put a shit load of time into this stuff. You must not have kids :) . I think the SFX work, and I don't think they usually do. Really well done as usual. Don't stay away so long next time. Frank

Nursers-Question answered. I'm just me. Good to meet ya! :) Alphajerk-Hey man, right on!! :freak: ). I do spend probably way too much time. I keep saying, next time, raw and empty!! Anyway, glad you're doing well, hope your still doing your own music, and thanks a lot for wondering about me, and checking out this song!! Really cool. :D Macle

Time has prevented me from checking out as much music here as I'd like to, but I stumbled upon Macle early, and I can't get enough. I'm not a studio tech, so I don't know [i]how[/i] this stuff is done, but I can certainly [i]hear[/i] how carefully the sound(s) is crafted, and the final effect. Not too mention the songwriting, the feel. The new one is great !! Keep them coming !! Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

[quote]Originally posted by macle96@yahoo.com: [b] :wave: http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/3songs Macle[/b][/quote]Bandwidth exceeded, the site should be back in an hour. Damn -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Hey Tom, thanks a lot!! Can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Thanks very much for checking out the song. Dwarf, sorry about that. Hope you get a chance at some point. Macle http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/3songs

Wow - Macle, GREAT work. Your attention to detail shows. Reminds me of early Rembrandts - which is a good thing, because they produced an album I about wore out many years back. If I hadn't loaned the CD to someone and lost it, I'd tell you the title. Please let us know when your CD is done and how we can help you spread the word (and make some $$$ on this thing!). :thu: Best, lz

Macle, this version is much better, IMHO! The vocals fit with the instruments much better now to my ears. It could be that the last version I listened to was too Beatlesque for me.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Macle, the new version of "Which Way..." shows that you are really progressing as an engineer. I'm really digging the crunchy guits. Care to share any info??? :D And as always : [img]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/dvv/esmil.gif[/img]
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Hi Laurie. Thanks very much. I will let you know, would be great to make some cash!! :) Dak Lander- Thanks alot! Very glad you like it better. Thanks for checking it out. emotiKHAN- Thanks! The guitars are actually The Pod! :eek: Not all of them. The lead bits are a Vox, they're pretty much the same bits from the first version, and then also in there in places is a little Vellocette amp, which is pretty cool, but I couldn't really get a crunchy sound out of it, so I finally used the Pod on something. And thanks for the scary smilie :thu: . Wouldn't be the same without it. (You know I looked for that the other day to post on your thread, but I couldn't find it.) Thanks again, Macle

Archived