Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: My health and last night

Kooky Mogessi

I was thinking of posting this in the SSS but I like it better here and just wanted people to know how special I am. Tom, if we dont need this thread its cool if you delete it. Basically I see many of you as friends whom I've never met and stuff like that so I want to tell you my horror story.

On the 16th I had my tonsils removed. I'm 16 and they say the older you get the harder it is to recover. Yesterday was day 9 making today day 10. Between days 9 and 10 are when the scabs fall off. I woke up at 3:40 this morning and felt some liquid in my mouth. Went into the bathroom, spit in the toilet and it was blood. Turns out I was bleeding...bad. All I was doing was hanging my head over the toilet and the blood just kept pooring out. After about 10 minutes of continueous bleeding my mom called for an ambulance to take me to the hospital. I go and have to end up having surgery again to cut off this big blood clot that formed in my throat and to stop the bleeding. I was told what happpened to my happens to less than 2% of all tonsilectomy patients. So my day has been no fun. Just thought I would share. Sorry for the long post

"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penguinsarebirds, I'm really sorry to hear that you had to go through that. It sounds scary, and as a parent I can guess what your Mom was feeling.

2% ?? That's a lot of people that are dealing with what you dealt with. Ouch. My 18 year old daughter keeps getting sick and throat infections, and we're starting to wonder about her tonsils. If it comes to that, I'll know something to look out for, thanks to you.

Since you've posted about it, I'm guessing that today's outlook is much better and that you are on your way to healing. I'll say a prayer. Hope the summer improves for you....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks guys for all the support. My mom was freaking out because she was worried that was going to happen even before I them out. When I woke her up she was flipping out and then wouldnt leave me alone for the rest of the morning. O well at least she loves me. Yea back to ice cream. My mom bought 3 gallons of vanilla ice cream and we're down to one. That and gatorade has been my main diet. Drink 6-8 20oz bottles of it a day. Its going good now so I'm happy. Cant wait til its over though.
"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

Originally posted by Penguinsarebirds:

Drink 6-8 20oz bottles of it a day. Its going good now so I'm happy. Cant wait til its over though.

8 20oz bottles? I'll bet you're "going good" :D

Give yourself time.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

Originally posted by Penguinsarebirds:

Drink 6-8 20oz bottles of it a day. Its going good now so I'm happy. Cant wait til its over though.

8 20oz bottles? I'll bet you're "going good" :D

Give yourself time.

Tom

O yea going real good. All the time. The bad part was trying to sleep because i would wake up every few hours in pain and have to drink alot. And all that drinking made me ......sleepy :bor::thu:

Hi Penguinsarebirds, Here's prayers and best wishes for your full and speedy recovery. Hang in there!

Deepest Regards, Basshappi

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Well things are back to how there were after the first surgery to get them gone. Drinking alot and right now only eating Ice cream, popscicles or pudding. My parents and I thought it was going to be another 2 weeks to get better but the Doctor said in 3-5 days I should be better so We'll see. I go to the doctor Tuesday and supposed to go back to work Wednesday but I dont know if that will happen. I'll update everyone Tuesday after the Doctor. But for now i'm doing pretty good :thu:

Archived