Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Budget Bass?

Selecter

Ok Gang, Whats the best budget bass out there ( sub 300 buck range ) for someone who cant or wont put out any more $$ in these times of uncertanty? Looking for traditional J or P bass looks. Dont want Squier stuff. How about the mexican fender basses, whats the quality on them? I have seem mexican reissues go for 300 on ebay and they look pretty sweet.

Open to suggestions from the crowd. Oh, and dont say I gotta spend more money. Thats not an option right now. :D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well,I wouldn't depend on a Fender bass from ebay though thats what you would like,to much of a hassle.Check out bass guitar headquarters! at SAMASH.com or ZZsounds have some cheap items for sell,or the basic musiciansfriend or AMS.But the best way to find a bargian bass is to find the bargian prices.
Pete Combs...

OK thanks Pete I'll go lookin. Yeha it bothers me when I see on some of these ads for a mexican bass they have a picture of the bass with it's neck off, etc...... LOL

I will go look and report back here anything catches my eye. My 35 dollar Hondo bass sounds like a bass to me. Im not sure what spending 2000 bucks on a bass gets you in the way of something worth the dough. I think more braggin rights is about it.

$2000 bas doesnt just get you good braggin right but it gets the best of everything best pickup control best lack of fret buzz great feel nice balance just.... *drools*

Lot of good basses at www.musicyo.com ...

There is also a Carlo Robelli bass I've heard good things about. Oops...did I say Robelli? Those are made for SamAsh company. I know nothing 'bout those.

I meant to say Essex. Here\'s a link.

This link is for Rondo music. Click on Basses and find dozens. I wouldn't settle for an Essex...I'd go for the Brice.

Actually, that Cort Curbow is a pretty nice bass...I have a student with one. The little switch is designed to sent it into overdrive...but really just makes a lotta racket...but the bass is light (no wood...composite and foam bodY) and really punchy. I like it a lot for less than $300.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

I'm looking for a budget bass too since I had to sell my Music Man in a pinch a few months ago(family) :(

I'm going thru withdrawl and my acoustic guitars can only help so much. I have an SWR basic black

I see the Corvette bass from Warwick is around $500. Anyone have one. I know it won't compare to the music man but eventually I'll get another. Thanks

Archived