Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hartke owners unite!!! Questions??? HELP!

husky1

Fellow Hartke owners (no jokes) and for that matter anyone....I need help!

I have a old Hartke 7000 Mosfet and all of the sudden my high freq speaker outputs aren't working. The cab is fine, I checked it with my GK amp.

Question: I know there is built in speaker protection between the amp and the jack. Do you think that it tripped? And if so can I reset it?

When I hook up in Bi-Amp mode (highs to the 410 and low to 115) only the 15 incher is sounding off. Nothing will sound through my two high freq speaker outs. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Any help is greatly appreciated especially since I have a gig coming up. Thanks! Lee

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you guys(gals) like your Hartke gear? I've heard bad things about their stuff but I've never played the gear.
"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

Originally posted by Penguinsarebirds:

How do you guys(gals) like your Hartke gear? I've heard bad things about their stuff but I've never played the gear.

Ya' know, I thought I hated it for awhile until I realized that I just don't know anything about EQ. I flattened it out, and guess what! I love it again! :)

Definitely try one before ya' buy though.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

I have a Hartke 3500 head and a Hartke 215XL cabinet, and I love both very much.

Surprisingly versatile little head, with the mix of tube and solid state, the compression, the 10-band EQ, and the treble and bass contours. No major problems in 10 years. Would recommend the 7000 with the crossover if you're stacking multiple cabs though.

The 215XL cab is a beast. 110 lbs. But, surprising treble from the aluminum cones combined with the head's EQ. And, it NEVER bottoms out, ever. I don't own any 5 or 6 string basses, with low B's, but I played on one when I was trying out the cab, and it passed the test. Moves alot of air, shakes the floor (if that's your thing).

"Tea & Cake, or Death!"

Archived