Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what vehical do you drive

sam 2000

Originally posted by blackbass:

A bass player must have room for his equipment, a nice set of subs, and a few basses of course. I don't think a Golf can handle all that.

You'd be surprised what you can cram into a hatchback.

Anyhow, I usually manage with a handcart, a gig-bag, and a subway token. :D

It's amazing what taking public transportation can do to your sense of ESSENTIALS for gigs.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by getz76:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got that right! I remember one time when I crammed myself, my drums, two bandmates, and their guitar, bass, and amps into my Chevette (yes, I have a long history of joyfully driving crappy Chevy products).

Originally posted by getz76:

Originally posted by blackbass:

A bass player must have room for his equipment, a nice set of subs, and a few basses of course. I don't think a Golf can handle all that.

Anyhow, I usually manage with a handcart, a gig-bag, and a subway token. :D

It's amazing what taking public transportation can do to your sense of ESSENTIALS for gigs.

I wish there was a rail system here in Minneapolis, even though I guess it's not big enough to need one all through downtown. They just started a light-rail line but it basically just goes around the metro area and there aren't many of options. There are plenty of buses but loading gear on them is not convenient and they get stuck in the terrible traffic just like my truck does.

"Let your life be a counter friction to stop the machine."

--Henry David Thoreau

RockwoodB,

The rail options in my part of the country are nice.

Buses are also not bad, as long as it's just you and a gig-bag. Anything more is unmanagable.

Luckily, there are plenty of playing venues with working backlines. Often, it is just me and a gig-bag. Talk about bliss:

- show up to gig

- unzip gig bag

- attach strap and don bass

- uncoil cable

- plug cable into bass

- plug cable into backline amp

- play

Fantabulous.

Archived