Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what vehical do you drive

sam 2000

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sam, you left out an option: "Boat"

My car is large, the trunk alone can contain my 4x10, two basses, head, plus room for more stuff. My URB can comfortably fit in the passenger side with a room for even more stuff in the rear driver side. I love my '92 Ford Crown Victoria LTD. except for the fact that it has a bad seal somewhere deep within the engine block, that and it gets an economic 20.5 MPG in the city. Yeah! (and I have to put a pint of oil every other week)

Kinda what it looks like, minus the Police lights and all-white.

http://policecanada.ca/magog01.jpg

groove, v.

Inflected Form(s): grooved; groov·ing

transitive senses:1a.to make a groove in;1b.to join by a groove;2.to perfect by repeated practice;3.to throw (a pitch) in the groove

intransitive senses:1.to become joined or fitted by a groove;2.to form a groove;3.to enjoy oneself intensely;4.to interact harmoniously

- groov·er noun

I have to say I love my VW Golf. It is small enough to park in the smallest spaces on Mercer St or anywhere in Greenwich village, and I can pull up to a club like Kenny's Castaways and unload my bass rig (before it was stolen) a mountain of hand percussion, basses, and a a drum kit and whatever else I have to bring to the gig. I don't think there is a better car for a musician playing gigs in crowded cities like NYC. If I were around LA or some other place, I might want something a little bigger, but I don't parking is the big issue in most places like it is in NYC. Being from Jersey, I can actually have a car-- most guys I know in Manhattan don't even want to have a car.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Wow i cant believe No one here drives an old station wagon. I have an old path finder but most musicians around this part of Georgia have station wagons must be a southern thing...

I had an '88 Mercury Tracer hatchback which was great for carrying my stuff in. Unfortunately many parts of it(like the brakes) didnt work very well so it was replaced. Now I'm driving a '96 Saturn which is only so-so for carrying stuff, but does come to a stop at intersections.
I'm out my league like Jordan was in baseball

Just upgraded from a 1991 Taurus to a 2000 Taurus: both fit my URB but just barely. The '91 held my 4X10, haven't tried to laod it in to the '00 yet. Here's hopin'...
...think funky thoughts... :freak:

84 Grand Prix, cast iron 8 cylinder technology. The radio has more computer technology installed than the engine management does.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/georges.rutkay/84_Grand_Prix.jpg

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; one lick and you suck forever.

Originally posted by GeorgeR:

...The radio has more computer technology installed than the engine management does.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that George! :)

'92 Explorer here.. got a deal, otherwise it'd still be my ugly '88 Olds Delta 88 :P

(btw, the Olds will eat the Explorer alive in power/weight ratio) I kinda miss it.

...simply stating.

I drive a small car, as the average of europeans do.

Renault Clio 1.6 RXT

0-100 Km/h in 10 secs

Max speed: 185 Km/h (112 mph)

Perfect to put my bass in between the rear and front seats.

;)

www.myspace.com/fabrizioruggiero

www.myspace.com/vanalientribute

Who are we? People.

Where do we come from? Home.

Where are we going to? Home.

I drive the bandwagon.

'93 Plymouth Voyager.

Tinted windows, no back seat, no radio.

'86 Ford f250 utility,

'90 Olds Cutlass

and soon to add a custom assembled shovelhead to the list.

(that last one REALLY sucks for musicians...)

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

1998 Dodge Caravan Sport.

I drive myself with my bass gear, and also take my dad in it, with his guitar stuff. If this new band of ours ever takes off, we'll have a PA system to lug, too... we'll see.

When I first bought it, my neighbor on the 2nd floor thought that I was going to use it to pick up girls. Yeah right, I wish! :P;)

Mr M Pulsive - You know it! ;)

So far the only major issue it's has was last fall, when I had to get the original carb (Rochester Quadrajet) rebuilt.

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; one lick and you suck forever.

When I lived out West, I had an '81 Toyota Corolla station wagon, and I could haul almost anything in that car. $20.00 filled the tank for the week (plus) and insurance and maintenance were fairly cheap.

Used to put over a hundred miles a week on that car...

Hd well over 150,000 on it when I sold it...

My new ride is sleek, silver, and bigger than your house! Hell, strangers would pay to ride in it!

That's right, it's the MTA all the way, baby!

(And now all I have to worry about is fare hikes and the semi-constant threat of terrorism... :rolleyes: )

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by GeorgeR:

84 Grand Prix, cast iron 8 cylinder technology.

That car is BEAUTIFUL!!! My first car was an '81 Olds Cutlass Supreme (basically the same car). I've always loved that body style.

Man, I want my Cutlass back...

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

1997 Toyota Tacoma w/ V6, TRD rear locker, just about every option possible. I put a Revtek 3" suspension lift and a Performance Accessories 2" body lift on it to clear the 33x12.50 tires. Very soon, the Revtek lift is getting replaced by the supa-fly 6" Trailmaster lift. Oh, and it does a wonderful job of hauling gear around.

ftp://ftp.tawest.net/taprivate/briant/toy2.jpg

At the moment, I don't quite have a car. My son has use of my 91 Accord when he needs it, because he is often working on his car. Thanks to my new job, I have been renting cars. This week I rented a Buick Rendevous so I'd have something big enough to carry a PA and my bass gear. So far it looks like a good choice. Not as big as van, but close. Will let you know next week how it works out.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I too wanna chime in with praise for the VW Golf. My first car was a Golf, sold it a couple of months ago. I managed to get a pair of 4x10s, two 3u racks, two basses and me into that car. The back end was like the Tardis...great cars.

I am currently driving a Ford Mondeo...it is a proper grown up car, designed for sales reps. The boot is huuuuuuuuuuuuge. I can get a 4x10 3u rack and box of leads in the boot, close it and put the parcel shelf down...double bonus. If I'm taking two cabs, the seats fold down flat, the whole lot goes in and I can still see out of the back window. I could probably get a pair of 8x10s in there if I wanted to. (Not that I do of course.)

Free your mind and your ass will follow.

Car?

Nope, I'm that silly urban type.

Acme 2x10" on a luggage cart, bass in my backpack-type gig bag, and my Demeter/Stewart 3U rackbag on my shoulder.

When I need to bring both 2x10" cabinets, I call a cab or bum a ride. Rarely necessary.

Maury Spadoto

Hoboken, NJ

Archived