Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Queen simple bass lines but fun to listen to and play

sam 2000

Now john decon is far from ever being a great bass player but he always did a great job of making the queen songs better. and you have to admit that we all know the bass line to Another one bites the dust and we all got pissed off when Vanilla ice ripped off "under pressure", which is a most excellent song. oh well queen is my favorite band of all time and when Freddie died i feel that true main stream rock and roll died or was on the verge of dieing... but thats another topic :cry:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sam 2000:

Now john decon is far from ever being a great bass player but he always did a great job of making the queen songs better.

I would contend that "making the [insert band here] songs better" puts a person closer to being a great bass player than a great many other things, such as chops, attitude, stage presence, catchy licks, expensive intstruments, age, youth, vocal talent, choreography, name recognition, album sales, etc.

Originally posted by jeremyc:

I recently found Queen's "A Night at the Opera" at a garage sale in perfect condition for $1 at agarage sale.

It's amazing. Somehow I missed it the first time around.

Oh, I LOVE that album. There's so much more great stuff on there besides "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "You're My Best Friend." People forget that there were THREE great rock singers in Queen, the others being Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor. "I'm In Love With My Car" is awesome with Roger singing lead, as is one of my other favorites, "Tenement Funster" from Sheer Heart Attack. As for the other great singer, how about Freddie's one-man vocal army on "The Prophet's Song"? No guitarist ever worked a tape delay like he does with his voice on that song. And underneath it all, you have John Deacon lending structure and stability to all the flash and silliness. What a great band.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Archived