Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

In The Market For a 4 string...

Ren.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of good stuff in that price range.

You might enjoy a Spector ReBop (Czech bolt-on mentioned in the Spector thread). I like 'em. Maybe $900 new?

You could get a used MusicMan Sterling for that price. I've seen 'em for $850 on Harmony Central.

You could get a Fender American P bass -- less than $1000 new (maybe $950).

I could go on and on.

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

this peavey cirrus 4 on ebay should sell for about $700. you would be crazy not to consider it.

also, check out the following:

a bass i almost bought, an ibanez atk with flamed koa top . it's really pretty and only $400 shipped (well, that's in the US -- i don't know about int'l shipping.)

this geddy lee is a longshot, but if the buyer doesn't come through, it's a great bass for $520 plus shipping.

finally, it's a little over what you're looking for, but you can't deny the incredible tone and vibe of this blue sparkle modulus flea 4 with lane poor pickup . incredible.

just a few ideas.

robb.

When I was shopping for my 5 string (3 years :confused: ), I played a Modulus Flea. It's the only Modulus I ever liked, and I liked it a lot!!

Add Carvin to the list - you can "have it your way" in that price range.

I've never played one, but there is a company called US Masters that looks intriguing.

And then...

(sigh)

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by p r o t o o l e r:

I'm on the Market looking around or a 4 string with frets. I could spend around $700-$1000. I've been thinkin about the MusicMan S.U.B. or a Fender Jazz ... Maybe a Warwick ... dunno ... any ideas ? :cool:

Now, I was thinking this is kinda sarcastic...

Alex

Originally posted by C.Alexander Claber:

Originally posted by p r o t o o l e r:

I'm on the Market looking around or a 4 string with frets. I could spend around $700-$1000. I've been thinkin about the MusicMan S.U.B. or a Fender Jazz ... Maybe a Warwick ... dunno ... any ideas ? :cool:

Now, I was thinking this is kinda sarcastic...

Alex

You may be on to something here...longtime LDLer, matches title to similar 5-string thread...yes, perhaps I've been had! :eek:

:D

Peace.

PS...or not?!

spreadluv

you could definitly swing a Musicman on that budget. If not online at least through local classifieds or the like. I picked up my Sterling practically new for $800 through the "Trading Post" classifieds and I see Ernieballs in it all the time.
I'm out my league like Jordan was in baseball

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

Add Carvin to the list - you can "have it your way" in that price range.

Tom

Certainly a good option. I've been very happy w/ my Carvin 4-string. You can certainly get a whole lotta 4-string Carvin love for $1000 or less.

spreadluv

I played a Carvin 4 in a GC last night. It had piezos, humbucker, and a J style (I didn't look to see if it was a J99 or H50N).

I really felt comfortable on that thing! The piezos didn't do anything for me, but the sound and feel of the instrument were really fine!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Take a look at the G&L L-1500 Basses. They are right in your price range. Also, you may be able to score a new L-2000 (depending on the store and where you live) for that money. If not, look around for a used one. They are basically indestructiable.

I own a G&L L-2000 and i love it. Best Bass ever, IMHO.

Also, check out The Warwick Corvette line. Nice Basses. And finally Spector makes some rocking Basses in that price range.

Good luck.

- Tom

Bee, why you sting me? - Jack Kerouac

Archived