Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

most useful thing in your bag?

cramp

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My "guitool" with various wrenches, string cutter, etc. (sort of like a swiss army knife full of guitar/bass related tools instead of tweezers and tiny knives).

9v batteries -- yup, more than one! Preferably the ones with the "tester" built into the package so you can occasionally check the charge on the current batteries in use! You never know when that onboard preamp will take the last bit o' life from your battery. You never know when the adapter bringing life to your pedals will go bust. You never know when the phantom power won't work. You never know...

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by cramp:

What is the most useful thing that you carry in your gig bag, whether it be to practice/gig/ whatever? I would have to say a tube of fast fret or my tascam pocketstudio.

How's the Tascam PocketStudio working for you, man? Is it good? Is it useful?

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

I love it!!! it has some draw backs because it is some compact(inputs) but since it is so compact is nice. easy to mix down to mp3 and burn away! I record everything practice, banter, you name it!

For me, as I am a newbie, the most useful and valuable thing in my bag is my metronome.

Before I purchased one of these I was really having problems. I was just trying too hard and trying too fast to actually get accurate at anything. But since this purchase I have made some real progress. :thu:

50 pack of Hear-os. Thier great because guitar player dont know the meaning of turning down.
you can make stumbling blocks, or stepping stones out of the same things, what have you built?

May sound corny, but...a pencil, and an eraser stick.

My pencils are special. I use either the IBM Test marking pencils or the new mechanical pencil with a 9mm lead.

I use the Clic Stick erasers.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Pretty much everything in there, and my gig bag is kinda full. I have all the allen wrenches and sockets that fit all three of my basses. Screwdrivers, soldering iron, extension cord, multi-outlet, spare strings and cords, tuner, some spare jacks, flashlight, guitar cloths, towel, corrosion cleaner and preventative, tape, multimeter, some various other stuff. Haven't found a spot for the kitchen sink, yet. At one time or another, that stuff has come in handy either for fixes for my gear, or someones elses.

Needed a spare cord last week, as a matter of fact. Came up after break and got this weak sound. Changed cords and off we went.

Bassplayers aren't paid to play fast, they're paid to listen fast.

condoms... ha jk. this would be accurate if i were posting in the drummers forum..

BA DUM DUM...

Seriously folks, I usually carry with me at all times:

- Ear Plugs

- Extra Cord

- Two 9v batteries (even though I have a passive switch on my G&L L-2000).

- Small Paperback book (this comes in handy when you have to sit through an opening band called "the sweatpant boners"...

- Polishing Cloth (yep, I am quite anal about my Bass).

Cheers,

Tom

Bee, why you sting me? - Jack Kerouac

Originally posted by BenLoy:

My Bass.

nyuk nyuk. move over shecky copasso.

aside from that, my pocket knife. f**k a leatherman. my knife can do it all. but i carry it in my pocket, does that count?

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

The engine block from a 1957 Chevy Bel Aire convertible and a dry erase marker.

Damn, Bump, that must be one helluva gig bag! Who makes it? I'm assuming that it's got two shoulder straps and not just one! ;)

Oh yeah, also, how has your tone been since you incorporated the engine block into your arsenal? ;)

spreadluv

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Oh yeah, also, how has your tone been since you incorporated the engine block into your arsenal? ;)

He has special drivers that are installed under the header to fire into the empty chambers, and mics the output for a cool reverb effect.

You didn't ask, but I'll bet he draws mustaches on all the posters at the gig with the dry erase marker just like Daffy Duck...

Tom

P.S. Right-o Bastid - lots of healthy competition in this group of jokers.

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Bastid E:

...my pocket knife. f**k a leatherman. my knife can do it all. but i carry it in my pocket, does that count?

MacGyver didn't need no stinkin' Leatherman! :D

Pocketknife, gum wrapper, a piece of felt, and some marbles and he could build you a bomb, dammit! :D

spreadluv

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Originally posted by Bastid E:

[qb]...my pocket knife. f**k a leatherman. my knife can do it all. but i carry it in my pocket, does that count?

MacGyver didn't need no stinkin' Leatherman! :D

MacGyver only needed a Paper Clip ;)

Archived