Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

People or things you would like to beat down with a bass

sam 2000

yea there is this dog up the streatthat used to chase us when we were little kids, and iam thinkin its time for revenge.

And last night went out to dinner Horrible waitress it took her 20 min to take our check. 20 min which could have been used to play music or post rediculous topics like this one.

Me :evil: them after hit by a cheap P-bass :freak:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are far more deserving targets of a 10 pound hunk of wood to the head than a busy waitress.

I would instead vote for ubelievably snotty, rich old ladies who approach the band during a particularly nice jazz ballad and say "Excuse me, you boys have played nothing but bad music all night. Could you please play something good?"

Yeah, Benloy, I'm with ya on that one. To expand it a bit further, it always irritates me when anyone starts jabberin' at ya in the middle of a song.

KABONG!!

...of course there's the police involvement and paperwork afterwards......damn it....and I thought I was doing the world a favor by weeding out the SOS (Stuck On Stupid). Oh well.

Wanted to smack one of the guitar players the other nite. He's got a drinking problem (this is only a fill in band I'm with). When he drinks, he sings outta key, but starts trying vocal masturbatory acrobats at the same time. Horrid combo. At the end of some song, he tried some masterful vocal ending and prolonged it...all off key, of course. Ouch. I coulda nailed him, man...I got long arms and a big bass....I coulda nailed him. But the damn police involvement....

BTW, they get an ultimatum tonite. That drinking to excess and getting stupid shit stops immediately or I walk.

Bassplayers aren't paid to play fast, they're paid to listen fast.

This is an unusual thread, and I feel somewhat guilty contributing to it.

I usually don't wield my bass as a weapon, but there was this exception I recall in the mid-70's. As a bar brawl erupted, I impulsively (and defensively) clunked a guy solidly in the forehead with the back of my Gibson Ripper as he was charging the stage.

I don't recommend it, but my Dad always said, when the other guy is bigger, "there are equalizers laying around all over the place."

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

I think I'd take out those annoying frat boys who always find the need to yell and scream, "we love you [insert band name here]...WOOOOOO!!!", at the slowest, softest, most intricate part of a song. :evil:

I guess I have to start carrying my bass around at shows.

Bad idea. Warwicks are very expensive, not to mention beautiful works of art...use a Cort or a Squier or something else cheaply made.

Yeah, you're right. They are really nice. Really heavy too. I used to have one, after a show or practice my shoulder would hurt a bit.

jreed

jreed00@dcemail.com

I remember Entwistle was on Conan O'Brien describing how he accidentally beat himself with his bass.

As I recall, the story went that Townshend had just started getting into his guitar-smashing habits, and was repeatedly asking Entwistle to do the same. Entwistle thought it was a real waste of money, but finally one he relented and tried to smash his Fender Precision by taking it over his head by the headstock and smashing the body down on the stage during the ending of the last tune of the night.

Instead of breaking, the big, heavy, ash-bodied Fender P-Bass merely bounced. The body rebounded right back into his face and broke his nose. :eek:

He never tried to smash a bass again. :D

i knew all girl bands had to be a bunch of lesbians

hope i offended you. what you gona do about it anyways get mad at nothin hit me with you bass hahahaha

thanks for taking the time to hate me :wave::thu::thu: wow fun to type in the "Graemlins" or pathetic but

but how about those guys that throw the beer bottles like to play golf with their noses

well, if i were to beat someone down with a bass, i would choose either a mid-90's Gibson Les Paul Bass (although, I'm sure the Ripper did the trick Bob - lol) or a Peavey T-40. Either Bass would probably incapacitate someone!

i play at some dive bars and although I have never needed too, i am glad that i am wielding the heaviest object onstage!

as for who i would like to beat down, i would have to go with fieldy from korn. enuff said.

- tom

Bee, why you sting me? - Jack Kerouac

This is so weird...I can't think of anyone that I really violently hate. There are lots of people that I pity and laugh at sometimes to their faces. No-one I'd hit though.

Has anyone else seen the Oteil thing from bass day when he bounces his bass off his forehead to finish one of his tunes. I don't recommend it, it really really hurts. Also my forehead is now flat and parallel to the bridge on my nose. :freak:

Free your mind and your ass will follow.

My friend bonked me on the head once with his Gibson Grabber. I didn't like the feeling, I wouldn't do it to anyone else. Although I did hit him with it when I got a chance... retribution.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end.

--King Crimson

I wouldn't risk damaging my bass for a brief moment of satisfaction, but I did drop my 100 pound cab on my guitar player's foot once... felt real good... (for me, anyways) does that count?

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Good story... I was playing bass one night with one of my bands and the guitarist was (as usual) going a little too crazy with his jumping around stage. Midsong (going into the second chorus), he boosted, I swung my bass forward, and I made pretty solid contact with his head. No damage to the bass at least :rolleyes:
Flying Machine --A Progressive Rock/Postpop/Metal Project

People who constantly start sub-humanly stupid threads on a forum that otherwise provides tons of info on bass related topics and intelligent opinions from the most respectful group of individuals I've seen on the web.

I wouldn't use a bass though. Perhaps a bass string as a whip. Choose your gauge. :eek:

Does it hurt?

Only when I'm awake.

jack white of the white stripes,definitely.also, the drunk at every show who manages to constantly slur out the words "freebird...play freebird." And every snot nosed 12 year who plays the wrong bass line to nirvana's "come as you are" over and over.

p.s. never work in a guitar store

• 1 year later...

quote:
Originally posted by NickT:

Has anyone else seen the Oteil thing from bass day when he bounces his bass off his forehead to finish one of his tunes. I don't recommend it, it really really hurts. Also my forehead is now flat and parallel to the bridge on my nose. :wave:

Archived