Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check this out!

wraub

OK, most of you know that E and I are building basses. But in the course of my research, I came across this guy:

www.sixstringarts.com

and I think he may be seriously mentally ill. OCD, to be sure. Nice work though...

Opinions?

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know what to say or add . . .

-Skout

Words of Inspiration:

Not everyone needs to be Jaco. Sometimes your band just needs a bass player, somebody to just play root notes - Dirk Lance

Did you see the prices? -JeremyC

The prices can be found if you keep clicking the pictures and they are pretty steep. But man! They really are gorgeous replicas and at a foot plus, their not that bad an investment.

"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to laugh at him."

-Jack Handey

It looks like most of the buyers are record labels and show biz/corporate types for gifts and such, so the price is probably not a concern, and probably a writeoff as well.

As for the cost, it seems pricey, but at a third the size of the real thing, and considering the work involved, the price is about right, or even a "bargain", relatively speaking. (400.00 for one of his Les Pauls vs. 4000.00+ for the real thing.)

His work appears stellar, and the dioramas with alleys and stage doors, amps and guitars are really something.

Collectibility is a real concern, but, not to be crass, he is both fairly unknown and still alive, which can diminish their collectors value somewhat. But he is also the only one doing this kind and level of work, as far as I can tell, so it is hard to compare his prices to a competitor.

As always, time will tell. Again, impressive work.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived