Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A good rackmount computer case?

Im trying to build a computer in a rackmount system and was wondering if anyone here could suggest a good case to use for the rackmount computer case....not that actual rackmount..i have that taken care of...but i need to find a good computer case that is rackmountable..any suggestions would be great..thanks in advance... MM25 :thu:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go to [url=http://www.pricewatch.com]Price Watch.com[/url] , Look under "CPU", then go to cases, then in the lower right hand portion of the display, under "Search Category", you'll find different types of rack cases. Note that rack enclosures are generally 100-200% more expensive than your generic AT/ATX case.

I just got the BoomRack black/4u/5HD bays from Directron.com (bummer because they charge almost 2x of others like pProvantage), but they were the only ones who had it in stock. Provantage.com has a good price if they can actually get it. If you can wait on them, that'd be the way to go. Even so, it was worth it - I was so tired of the cheap case I had. I did it with the rack rails and it works like a champ - built like a tank and looks like serious business - something you would not mind your clients seeing. I searched high and low (for several months now) and most RM cases are so deep (20+ inches) - the Boom is 19 and fits nicely into an audio rack without hanging 9 miles outta the back. It also matches my Magma case very nicely.

Steve Powell - Bull Moon Digital

www.bullmoondigital.com

Thanks for the great info guys...now do these case hold two Harddrives..or would I have to get an external one also...because I plan on have a 20 gb specifically for the operating system and programs and then a 80 gb drive for all audio files...are any of the above mentioned capable of 2 internal? MM25

Archived