Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cort?

Tuomas

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a student who bought one. Pretty nice bass, although the name doesn't thrill anyone. I'd put them in the same class as the high end Peavey's.

It is very quiet and dependable and has a very nice action.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Originally posted by davebrownbass:

Got a student who bought one. Pretty nice bass, although the name doesn't thrill anyone. I'd put them in the same class as the high end Peavey's.

That are kinda my same feelings about Cort basses. :)

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

I went shopping for a new bass a while ago. I tried some Cort basses. I bought a high-end Peavey. I don't know if Cort makes a bass in this price range. The Corts I tried were less than half the price of my Peavey, but the Peavey was the far superior instrument.

The Corts felt decent enough for the money, looked pretty sharp and had some decent sounding pickups. Just from reading the odd review, it appears they make a wide range of basses that get you what you pay for. In other words, I think their low-end stuff is pretty entry-evel in quality and their high-end stuff is good enough for pros.

Just my impression.

Back when Mars was still around, they had some six-string Corts with Bartolini pickups, in the $600-700 range.

On my frequent no-buy visits to Mars, I played around with these instruments more than once. I remained unimpressed and eventually went with a Hohner B Bass VI.

If you like a real heavy low end and a sizzling high end the Cort Neck-thrus with the Bartolini's are cool. For the price, real cool. They aren't that comfortable to play from my experience though. A little heavy and there is something odd about the string tension on the ones that I have played, but that could just the strings. If you like slap style...cool bass.

We must accept the consequences of being ourselves-Sojourn of Arjuna

Music at www.moporoco.com/nick

Archived