Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Worst night for TV.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read my fingers... THERE IS NOTHING ON TELEVISION WORTH WATCHING ON ANY DAY! That's even with my daughter being on a couple of shows.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Your daughter is on a couple of shows, Dak? Cool. Y'know...I see some of these "Celeb" shows...y'know..."Celeb lifestyles" etc...and if I were to meet 95% of these people on the street, I wouldn't have a clue as to who they were. Maybe some of the bigger movie stars, but all of these "TV's most glamorous celebs"...I wouldn't have a clue. I watch a lot of the History Channel (my buds at work affectionately call it "The Hitler Channel" because every time you turn it on, there's Hitler giving one of his cockamamie speeches). But, some of the programming isn't bad. I like HGTV...(Homes and Gardens), the Travel Channel, stuff like that. I don't have VH1 Classic, which kinda pisses me off, because I've heard it's good.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Anything with a laugh track is usually not any good, IMO. I haven't watched any network TV in 14 years, & don't miss it a bit. Now, I do like Discovery channel, The Learning Channel,(or anyone that shows anything about NASA & the Apollo stuff) PBS, some VH1. Yea, most major network TV is geared toward 12 year olds. Although, I do like watching the reruns of All in the Family (nick at night), Archie Bunker (Carrol O'Connor) was a great actor. -Boy the way Glen Miller played, songs that made the hit parade.... :D
In two days, it won't matter.

[quote]Originally posted by artnoiser: [b]No way! If you don't mind my asking, what shows is she on so we can start guessing! We should come up with a prize for the one who guesses right. art[/b][/quote]WAY!!! I'll tell you this. She's been on several but the longest scenes she's been in are on the Nickelodian Channel out here on the left coast (two shows). No speaking roles yet but she's eligible now. I'll even give a prize if anyone guesses either of the two she had more than a couple of seconds on. drum roll please... A burned copy of the cd I did a few years ago with Dakota Night. (Well, LaDeeDa!) :bor: Sorry, but no original copies left...I think we sold one & gave the rest away. :freak:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

The only thing I plan my days around anymore are Buffalo Bills games. Other things I watch semi-regularly are, Simpsons, South Park, Win Ben Steins' Money, Star Trek : The Next Generation, M*A*S*H, All in the Family, Who's Line is it Anyway and I am totally digging the new "YES Network". 135 Yankees games. WooHoo!!!! :D :D :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Anybody watch [b] The Shield [/b]? It definately my favorite show right now. And they've been running two shows a night this past week. Running the whole season leading up to the finale tomorrow night. :thu:

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Yeah, I reckon the average profile of a History Channel watcher is probably a WWII Veteran, judging by the vast amount of WWII stuff they have on. But, it's a good station. Some of their other stuff is quite interesting.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote][i]Originally posted by Rabid:[/i] Is Monday night the worst night for TV? Gezzz. Everybody loves Raymond and Becker are ok, but what else is there?[/quote][b]Robert[/b], check out [url=http://www.nbc.com/Third_Watch/index.html]Third Watch[/url] on NBC. ... And who could forget [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/mnf/index]Monday Night Football[/url] ?!? :thu: ... Well, I just did! :eek: (Hence the edit!)

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Don't tell me you missed The Hamptons. What a bunch of boring, pretentious, A-holes. Did you see the guy that was supposed to be an artist. He posed people in funny outfits, doing odd things, on the lawn of this party. I think that's what happens when preppy people take LSD. Even the name of that place is pretentious-ohhhh, yes, I'm going to The Hamptons this summer. Bite me you rich, lame brained, wankers.

I got hooked on E's "Wild On" series for a while, then realized I was slipping into a bout of clinical depression upon realization that I would probably never end up on a secluded beach bar in the islands sharing mushroom tea with horny, nubile 18-year-old gals before popping off for a round of nude snorkling before hitting the fetish clubs in Rio. Now I just try to catch my 3 episodes of "Simpsons" everyday. DirectTV is a mixed blessing. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways...

one of these days...

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Band.gifhttp://www.weidenbach.net/images/storage/headbang.gif

If you're into scifi then you have to watch "Farscape". Blows Star Trek away.

In an effort to improve the responsiveness of e-mail for everyone, the e-mail servers will be out of service.

We are hopeful that this change will improve the performance of e-mail.

My favorite shows are as follows: The Sopranos Six Feet Under Oz America Undercover Real Sex Sex and the City (I love watching beautiful people complain about how hard they have it!) Catch the common string? I love HBO original programming. I'm a sucker for any kind of documentary. I also enjoy watching IFC and Sundance channels...
Jen H.

Regular network TV stinks. My recent faves are: The Sopranos - HBO (what is the deal with the new season. I've seen just about all the reruns) SoulFood - Showtime (its nice to actually see some African American families on the tube for once. Been a real draught since Cosby went off the air) Who's Line - ABC/Comedy Channel BBC version. Both are very funny. Robot Wars - BBC version. There was a bit more skill and technical know-how required on the BBC version. The American clone shows are more about mayhem. Yeah, yeah. I know the whole thing originated here in the good ol' US of A. It would be nice if the kept some of the flavor from the old shows. Emeril Live - So cooking is one of my interests. Trading Spaces - TLC. Some of the reactions to the home improvement by your neighbors is worth the price of admission. Junkyard Wars - TLC. Great to see human imagination at work. Warehouse Wars - DIT. More human ingenuity at work. Any of Paul James' shows on HGTV. The gardening shows are great. Jazz Central - BET Jazz. Nice to see some jazz performances. I avoid MTV, VH1 and BET's Bassment programs like the plague. Audio File - Tech. Great show on music technology. Doesn't cover most of the stuff we'd all like to see. Glad this stuff doesn't come on every night or I'd spend way too much time in front of the tube. Cable is a great alternative. RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Yes gearmike, THE SHIELD is far superior than just about anything on these days!! Tonight at 10 pm-cant wait!! I rank that show just 1 notch below the Soprano's-one of Rob's mention's. Network stuff is pretty much done for the season but during the season its Third Watch, The West Wing, Alias, and 24 for me, Now I also have the Osbournes and The Shield on my list!! The SPORTS stuff of course during football or basketball season....Have any of you caught the show: PTI(Pardon The Interuption)on ESPN?? Great commentary, hosts and format!! Off the mainstream I like the documentary stuff you guys mentioned like Blue Planet, TLC's Trauma: Life In The ER(nothing like seeing an accident victim who's up and talking one minute and is deceased the next, Or a man with a "10 knife blade stuck directly in the top of his head....survive!) Most of the HBO programing mentioned is cool for me too. Great writing!! **The trick is realizing you DONT have the time for all this crap and balancing what stuff you're ganna tape and watch AFTER your session's and what stuff you want to watch during the session's with the mute and closed-captioning on. Damn, I forgot Bernie Mack!
TROLL . . . ish.

[quote]Originally posted by Dak Lander: [b] [quote]Originally posted by meccajay: [b]Damn, I forgot Bernie Mack![/b][/quote]That's one![/b][/quote]Count me as another Bernie Mack fan too! Love his original bit on the Def Comedy Jam LOL!!! RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

I can't believe that anyone still watches tv anymore. It's just been so long since I've watched a program, besides the rare occasion that I am in the room with one that is not playing a kids show/video. I don't have much time for it anymore. If I'm not working or watching the kids(we have 4), I'm doing yardwork or out in the studio(Yeah, it's a garage, but it's got music stuff, and [i]I[/i] call it a studio).
I really don't know what to put here.

It's been YEARS since I watched a regular TV series. Most often when I catch on it's already too late; the show's been canceled. That's what happened with Homocide. By the time I watched it for the first time I was watching reruns - the show didn't exist any longer. I was in Europe a few weeks ago and happened on to "24". They showed several episodes back to back, no commercials. I got hooked. Now I don't know whether I was just bored with the lack options for evening TV, but I thought it was really good. I'd like to see it from the beginning sometime because I just can't start watching it late. Great idea. But my favorite limited series is "The Sopranos". What's happened with that show? I thought the season was suppose to start back up in Feb again. Have I missed it? Was it that little kid's legal problems that suspended play? "Band of Brothers" was phenomenal. But regular TV? Nope. I also like the History Channel.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Many things on TLC, Discovery, History Channel, Travel channel, and ocassionaly Animal Planet are good educational fare. I fill my head with stupid facts many nights on these channels. But some of the best TV on is Comedy Central - The Daily Show, South Park (yes I'm immature), Battlebots, Crank Yankers shows promise. Oz of cours would be the only reason left to watch MTV.
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

Archived