Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bass Band Gig

Wally Malone

Bassed on Jazz will be appearing on Thursday, May 22, 8 p.m. At Henflings Tavern, 9450 Hwy 9, Ben Lomond, CA 95005

831-336-8811

Cover $8 Order Tickets 831.336.8811

Bassed on Jazz is an unusual concept that features three basses and a drummer. The group plays unique, original arrangements of jazz standards and original compositions. Wally Malone, bassist with Lady Bo and Bo Diddley, created Bassed on Jazz.

Bassed on Jazz is: Wally Malone six-string bass, Kurt Ribak Upright Bass & Electric Bass, Jeremy Cohen six-string bass & five-string piccolo bass and Steve Pefley - Drums

Dinner starts at 6pm: SEAFOOD SPECIAL

www.henflings.com

For more info or bookings for Bassed on Jazz contact Wally Malone 831.338.9465 or email wally@ladybo.com

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck on the gig from an East Coast friend.

I saw a trio the other night - drummer, piccolo bass and

'regular' bass. These guys were really enjoyable, and the piccolo player was playing mostly lead. It was a jam night, so they only did a few tunes, but it openned my mind a bit. Sorry I can't make the show...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Tom and NY Lowdowners, I had been scheduled to be in NYC for meetings this weekend but it got postponed. I had hoped to catch some of the Lowdowner's gigs. I'm hoping some of our NorCal Lowdowners can make it this Thursday. This is the first gig with Jeremy in the band and I'm really looking forward to a fun night.

Wally

Will those of us on the opposite coast, or with negligible vacation time, get a chance to hear you (mp3 or otherwise)?

I'd guess that it'd be a real treat for us to be able to hear you!

Best Wishes!

JBFLA

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Are you planning on doing this again - say, sometime this summer?

(I can't make the upcoming show, but if you're playing in June or July, I'd make a special effort to see you guys play.)

C.V.: Snowboarder (1983-), Bass Owner (1996-), Chemistry Teacher (1997-) & Serious Bass Student (2003-)

JBFLA , Going to try and record the gig this week. I have a few MP3's with the original members but want to get some new cuts with Jeremy playing with us. The ones I have aren't hosted anywhere and are fairly big files.

MartinJ, I'll be keeping the Lowdowners informed of upcoming dates. I know we'll be performing at Tapestry In Talent in San Jose on Labor Day Weekend but the slots haven't been determined as of yet.

Wally

I'll be promoting the gig on KUSP-FM on Monday night and taking a few cuts from the TV show we did in Santa Cruz, I burned a few cuts to CD. It's Pete Fallico's Doodlin' Lounge and starts at 9:30 p.m. on the west coast. If you get a chance, check out the web stream.

Wally

Have a great show Wally.

What type of amps do you play through.

I would guess that needs to be pre arranged in case one guy shows up with an SVT and the other shows up with a 60 watt 10" combo ??

www.danielprine.com

On Thursday night I'll be using my Eden Metro with the Accugroove Tri-12 on top. Jeremy has an SWR rig and Kurt has a few different rigs, not sure which one he'll bring. The room were playing is fairly small, holds about 80 seated.

Getting ready to take off for the radio show, starts at 9:30 - west coast. Again the link to KUSP.

Archived