Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

need advice on adding a speaker cab to my rig

Jay J.

I am currently running a SWR SM-500 through an avatar B210 cab. I need to add a cab to this mainly because I need more volume, and I would like some extra low end push. I will stick with the avatar cabs because I really like the one I have now and they are nicely priced. so I am thinking if it would be better to get the 4X10 cab or the 2X12 cab. I would probably get the cab at 8 ohms because my 2X10 is 8 ohms and then I could run the 2X10 plus whatever I get for a 4 ohm load. what do you think. here is link to the speaker cab company: http://www.avatarspeakers.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a big fan of the 15. a 15 with a 2x10 would be good. I currently run a 15 with a 4x10. Never had a quad before and am really happy with it. So either a 15 or a bunch of 10's in a quad. I've never had or used 12's before.
Providence over serendipity any day.

Man, that is ridiculous! I can't believe that price. $271 for a 1x15 with an Eminence 600w. If it were my rig, that's what I would use. As a matter of fact, I might just add one to my rig before long. I need some exra low end, myself.

Archived