Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Robert Plant

Just been to listen and see Robert Plant Live. To be honest I went as much out of curiosity as a fan. I can tell you he can still do it. He was awesome! To do a gig without playing the favourites and rely on pure performance takes some guts. New album out in Britain in a couple of weeks. From the sample I heard it's definately worth getting. :thu:
It's not a successful climb unless you enjoy the journey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta love Plant. Saw him with Pagey a couple of years ago on their US tour. Then, last winter, saw John Paul Jones on his tour. So, being as I saw the Who after Moon died, I'm just gonna say I saw Zeppelin. Should have. Had tickets to their whatever, was it 1980 tour? Then Bonham had to go and die. So they refunded our ticket money. So, 20 years later, I took the girl I was gonna take to that first concert to the other two. Oh yeah, she turned out to be my wife.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Cool, did he have the electric violin player w/ him? I have to say, that and the Mahivishnu Orchestra inspired me to take up electric violin (I play guitar, drums, keyboards, violin, etc- no horns or woodwinds, but I wish I could set aside some money for a good sax!) George

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

I honestly don't remember seeing an electric violinist at the Now and Zen show. They had an amazing Egyptian violinist at Page and Plant, though. I don't know if he was electric or not, but this guy was amazing. The whole string section was amazing. Very beautiful strings, great string arrangements.

It was a five piece band. Bass and drums two guitarists (one of whom changed to a mandolin type of instrument one or twice) and a keyboard player who mostly stayed in the background playing pads and white noise and playing only the occasional lead line. It was quite a varied set with a lot of the newer stuff sounding quite moody.
It's not a successful climb unless you enjoy the journey

I've never been a fan of the high whiney vocals that Plant championed, but I respect him for his past work. Have any of you guys heard the album Jimmy Page did with The Black Crowes? They redid all the Zeppelin hits, and I swear I like those versions better with the singer from the Crowes.

Quoted by Soundscape [quote] I once heard a story about Robert Plant that at a Zep concert once, the PA blew and all that worked was the backline amps (which I'm sure were loud),and of course, JB's drums. Well, the way the story goes, the show went on as is -with Plant belting it out, and he was heard clearly at the back row!! [/quote]Yep,I have read the liner notes on Led Zeps first album as well.
I once had a quasi-religious experience..then I realised I'd turned up the volume.

[quote]Originally posted by autistic bliss: [b]Don't have to hear it. My mind is shut when it comes to classic rock. That's how I like it. Plus, anyone would sound better singing a Led Zeppelin song than a Black Crowes one.[/b][/quote]Used to be in a band where we tried to play it "just like the record"...a long time ago. Then, I came to the realization that a record was a product of evolution, many takes, and the one that ended up on the record was just someone's idea of what a "best" one should be. On top of that, most artists are open to their own reinterpretations of their work.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

sure sure. I'm just having fun here fellas, OK? Burn in hell Wewus! Id' say the same to you , too D Gauss, but apparently you, sir, are the Devil. Diamanda Galas made a hell of a replacement for Plant on that record she did with JP Jones. That record really got me thinking about the origins of Zep's monster riffs. Why no JP on Clarksville?

Matthew Saccuccimorano

www.wilburland.com

[quote]Originally posted by soundscapestudios: [b] . . . with Plant belting it out, and he was heard clearly at the back row!![/b][/quote]In the same manner that mating cats can be heard 5 city blocks away (hoo, boy, THAT oughta start something). :D

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

[quote]Originally posted by Sylver: [b]I keep telling you guys that JPJ and JB were the real talent in Zep. No one ever believes me.(Though JP was a pretty good song writer)[/b][/quote]In my opinion, all four of them were extremely talented, and it was the chemistry between all of them that made them special.

Led Zeplin was awesome! Wish I could say that I saw them live. After John Bonham died though, it really showed how much he was part of their sound. Zeplin, Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, B.B. King are just a few of my many influences in appreciating good music. It is one of my regrets not to get to see them live with all my many ventures to concerts :( Hey Tedster...thx for the nice welcome! :wave: And yes, I am both....a wife and musician... :) Am on both sides of the fence! :rolleyes:

Archived