Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lakland Skyline 5 vs Stingray 5

Farfetched

I was pretty bent on getting a stingray 5 until i saw a skyline 55-01?. from what i understand all the parts are american made but put together in korea but for about half the price. I didn't get too long to try it out tho. What are ppls impression of one vs the other. is it really worth it?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, imo the Lakland Skyline is the real deal. Very, very nice bass, well built, sounds great, seems to put smiles on faces. So you should keep it in the running if you're looking for a 5.

How to decide between it & the StingRay 5? You'll have to try them side by side. The Lakland seems to have TONS and TONS of low end--first time I hit that low B it sounded like a cannon. Scared the pee-waddin' out of me, as my dad would say, so I rolled the bass way off. Kind of a nice problem to have. Both are quality instruments, so try 'em both. (Myself, I'd probably go for the 'Ray...but it's a personal thing.)

I think you mean a 55-02 those are the ones that are just like the US made 55-94's.

the laklands are very nice, they have the same electronics as the US ones and if blindfolded you could probably not tell the difference. I think the lakland will have more tone variety than the music man, but they are both great basses and you should really try to spend some time playing them both to see which one you vibe with more.

Archived