Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you do during lunch?

I'm trying to break my fast food routine by bringing lunch to work. That does not work well because I cannot eat a peaceful lunch in my office. The phone keeps ringing and people keep knocking on the door. I would like to go to the local part, but let's just say the local park is not where you go for "lunch". So, what do you do during lunch if you don't eat lunch? Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Find a quiet corner of the building. If it's a big building, this may be easy to do. Even if that's not possible, you might just go outside and sit on the step. Even if it's a less than ideal neighborhood, this might work.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hey i do what Im doing now- catch up on the net. For lunch Im lucky to have a little shop on my building that does a veggie wrapa for 3.25 that I have em pile habanero sauce on. I let the phone ring depending on the number- ( got caller ID display) Im also lucky to be less than 10 mins from home. Sometimes, if i get the time ( not lately), I get a jog in along side the Erie Canal at the end of my street. Very peacefull time to work out lyrics in my head.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

Unplug the phone, close your office door and don't answer it. In a week or two, people will learn not to bother you during lunch. And while you're in the office eating your lunch, you can read these forums.

In an effort to improve the responsiveness of e-mail for everyone, the e-mail servers will be out of service.

We are hopeful that this change will improve the performance of e-mail.

Fer God's sake man, get outside! I usually get in the truck, grab a bite, and head to the lake. Thirty minutes or an hour of sun, food, and sports talk radio usually does me some good. Then I can go back to my hole. -Guruman

---------

-Guruman-

If I'm at the studio I try and bring a bag of trail mix. This is the best. A thrmos or two of tea and trail mix. Don't have to stop. If not there's a fish burrito place not too far, but I can't do that too much or I'll get even fatter. If I'm working at home forget it. It's lunch all the time.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Either eat in CR room or go out... Try not to talk about work for 1/2 an hour.. Listen to something else - QUIET! Catch up on emails while the espresso kicks in... Then back to it. Meals are included in my assitants 'wages' if we work past 8 they get 2 x meals. I'm a real chow hound. I once employed unknowingly, an anorexic assistant (not kidding!) needless to say things didnt work out!

Jules

Producer Julian Standen

London, UK,

Come hang here! http://www.gearslutz.com

Archived