Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warwick Rockbass

TMWdrmr8

Does anybody know anything about the sub-section of Warwick called Rockbass? I've been searching for a new bass and I'm really into the Warwicks, but the prices are pretty steep. The Warwick Rockbass models however are significantly cheaper, around the $400-$700 range. I've never actually played one of these, so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them.

:cool:

Warwick Rockbass

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BassPlayer mag did a review on the Rockbass Standard Corvette. It got the Best Buy and Top Tone awards if I'm not mistaken. They absolutely loved it though.....only thing wrong was a tiny pice of chipped wood in the bridge pickup cavity. Other than that, they thought it was amazing to play. I think they're absolutey great and want one myself.

i've played one and it had a pretty nice tone to it. very unique and not like warwick standard (though not in a bad way).

i liked it, and if i were buying a bass in that price range i would probably buy that one. i also liked the ibanez BTB that i played, although i'd have to change out the preamp. it sounded good with everything flat, but changing anything sounded bad.

robb.

I don't mean to be the party pooper, but there has been a lot of talk on these forums, so use the ever-present search function to look for other threads.

I, for one, do like them. Great price, great tone, great maker. I love me some upper-end Warwicks, but like others, can't afford them. I wonder if Stefan Lessard would be willing to give me one, since he's now switched to Modulus ( :mad: ). Probably not.

Anywho, do use the search feature, it's quite helpful.

Originally posted by robb.:

also, if i recall correctly, the neck was not nearly as fat as on the warwick standards. more of a normal neck instead of a baseball bat.

robb.

That's perfect for small frys like me. (5 foot, 4 in.) I don't have big hands, so that's a good thing for me. I actually don't have any problems with baseball bat necks, but I wouldn't want one for a 5 or 6 string bass.

Originally posted by tazzola:

Originally posted by robb.:

also, if i recall correctly, the neck was not nearly as fat as on the warwick standards. more of a normal neck instead of a baseball bat.

robb.

That's perfect for small frys like me. (5 foot, 4 in.) I don't have big hands, so that's a good thing for me. I actually don't have any problems with baseball bat necks, but I wouldn't want one for a 5 or 6 string bass.
Me too! I'm a small guy with a big job. And small hands...I like small-neck basses as well, but for some reason, I don't have many problems on the fat-neck ones, either.

I think the warwick rock basses are great. they are at a good price point and give you a lot of features. plus they play real nice and have some cool finishes available. they have a different vibe from the German Warwicks, which is not a bad thing at all. I actually saw a guy on the grand ol oprey playing a 5-string rockbass corvette the other night. if you play one and like it I would feel good about buying it.

The shop I teach in is part of a chain here that is the local importer for Warwick. They have finally received about 6 Rock basses which I have been setting up for them.

I can honestly say I am blown away by the quality, they are well constructed and a delight to play.

I am in the process of replacing my Japanese Ibanez SDGR4, great bass, but, with my aggressive playing I can't keep it in tune. I am seriously considering a Corvette 4 as a replacement. I think it is a better bass even though it is about half the price.

Hmmmmm...........

Archived