Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you ever just feel the groove deep down?

JDL

Today(2/1/03) I was at an amazing revival meeting called Generation Unleashed (check out @ www.genunleashed.com , BTW, highly recommended)

And, in the middle of the service there was a big pause, so the pastor asked the bassist to do a solo because he was the only one with an instrument on his back.

Now, this guy wasn't a "Victor Wooten", or an "amazing bassist," he was just a pretty good player. But, man he could do some amazing things with slap and eleborating with the drummer and it felt sooooooooo tight together. He totally locked in with the drummer and the beat, and feel of the song/solo/improv was there. I felt the beat and started shouting things like "YYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" and "OOOWWWWWEEEEEEE"(in a high pitch-voice). I just felt the groove and that moment was so amazing.

Anyways, just wanted to share the story with you, you have any like that?

JDL,

peace

BTW, he was using 2 SWR cabs(dont know dimensions), a Bass Pod, and a Musicman StingRay.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i know the feeling, you get that smooth thumping feeling in your chest its like running down a steep hill full pelt hoping you dont fall but knowing your gonna and lovin it anyways - nothin like it, wish i was there.

Unleahsed musthave been a world wide thing we had one in newcasttle put on by the wammers our drummer was filling in on one of the bands for it. It got good reviews and was very succesful on a spiritual level around here.

Providence over serendipity any day.

Originally posted by Slaerty:

Yeah i know the feeling, you get that smooth thumping feeling in your chest its like running down a steep hill full pelt hoping you dont fall but knowing your gonna and lovin it anyways - nothin like it, wish i was there.

Unleahsed musthave been a world wide thing we had one in newcasttle put on by the wammers our drummer was filling in on one of the bands for it. It got good reviews and was very succesful on a spiritual level around here.

Nice post! Yes, its just like that. And, yes, I believe it is a worldwide event, but not a "touring" event. Man, they can touch a lot of people. 5,000 people worshipping God with an awesome band?? Oh yeah :thu:

JDL,

peace

I've never had the spiritual groove (I'm Catholic, we don't do stuff like that), but I've had THE groove. I was at a party, and after some *stuff*, I was jammin' with the greatest of ease. Really funky stuff out there, though. Would love to be able to do that, even if I don't get payed. Touching people (not like that, you pervert) is a great feeling.

Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret:

I've never had the spiritual groove (I'm Catholic, we don't do stuff like that), but I've had THE groove. I was at a party, and after some *stuff*, I was jammin' with the greatest of ease. Really funky stuff out there, though. Would love to be able to do that, even if I don't get payed. Touching people (not like that, you pervert) is a great feeling.

That's where I get the groove. When the atmosphere it totally relaxed and I'm having a good time with some friends. When we just mess around and not take it too seriously "the groove" just seems clicks in and the good times start rolling :thu:
These words, are sledgehammers of truth.

Hey JDL, I just noticed in your sig that while the drummer's having a good time, that bass player looks like he ate a bad burrito or something. I don't think he's "feeling it" :)
These words, are sledgehammers of truth.

Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret:

I've never had the spiritual groove (I'm Catholic, we don't do stuff like that...

Sorry to disagree. The problem is that Catholics haven't embraced groovin, but it's around - you just have to know where to look. Or do it yourself (go to the music person and start a Rock Mass). The beauty of Catholic tradition is that just about every type of spiritual expression fits (just not every type is at you regular Mass on Sunday).

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived