Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tief Mon

patrick_dont_fret

That's right, that's Jamaican for thief. Apparently, someone broke into the little shed in our back yard last night. Not too hard, just take a crowbar to the hinge, as I'm sure they did.

So I get home from school today, and notice something odd about how the doors were still locked, but open. I immediately cried out "MY BABY!!!" (the baby being a $400 backpack and assorted camping gear in it). Not in there. Lawn mower: not in there. A bunch of stuff still in there, but not the two most important items. I immediately call my mom from my cell...she was in a meeting. I started using various obscenitites, hoping things would reappear. Nope, doesn't work.

I hurriedly go inside to check messages on the machine, and lo and behold "MY BABY!". I almost fainted, no doubt. There was over $200 of gear inside the backpack, not to mention the backpack itself. I looked in the garage, where the dogs are stored whilst no one is home...the lawn mower! I almost fainted again.

A few minutes later, my mom called back. She said she woke up in the middle of the night thinking something was wrong, but she was too asleep for it to register. If the dogs had started barking, we surely would've heard them (the dogs bark at EVERYTHING). So somehow, they managed to break into the shed without rousing the dogs attention. The dogs must've finally heard them and barked, because as far as we can tell, nothing was stolen.

My mom did call the cops, and they said they'd send an extra cruiser around...YEAH RIGHT! Maybe one clean sweep through the neighborhood, then gone for the night. Meanwhile, my mom is waiting for the paperwork to come back for a loan so she can get the windows replaced with more economical, and stronger, windows.

As for me, I'm glad nothing was stolen, they didn't try to break into the house, and all that. I will be making a trip to Home Depot to get a FAT ASS lock, one with bolts running straight through and a huge lock that a giant can't break, etc....maybe even a few mini-bombs so that if someone tries to break in again, BOOOM!

Sorry for length, I'm just quite pissed right now. This is supposed to be a clean neighborhood...a good one, ya know. Apparently, it's starting to go to crap...I hope not. I'm sick of moving. Anyway, I'll be sure to get a .357magnum and keep it by my side from now on!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter that nothing was taken... (its great that it wasn't though)

The whole thing just stinks. My brother has had his car stolen twice, (3 times, if you count the time they stole it from the shop after recovering it from the first theft!) and his house and garage broken into several times, and I myself have had someone enter my garage but not take anything several times. Not a pleasant experience, when you think about it. I have 4 children... what if... I pisses me off just thinking about it.

It really really sucks rocks that people do that sort of thing.

Why do people do shit like this? (Don't answer, that was a rhetorical question.)

The fact that people in our society have to resort to buying firearms and attack dogs and high dollar security systems just to sleep better at night appalls me.

I keep a 12 guage in my room (unloaded.) Used to keep a loaded .45 by my bed but with kids that's not a good thing.

Patrick, I'm glad nothing was stolen, and even more glad they didn't decide to come in the house... also glad you don't keep you basses out there!

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

IN the wrok I do, I deal with a lot of customers who have been robbed. Having heard many, many stories of theft... every time you think you've heard them all someone comes up with a new scenario.

Drive the brand new truck through the garage door, load the contents into the back of the truck and drive away.

Break into an attached garage, use the saw to cut through the locked and bolted door to get into the house.

Whether it's for drug money, the thrill of not getting caught - whatever the motif it amazes me what people will do.

- Matt W.

Yeah, it's terrible that people will resort to this sort of thing. Before this, I thought the only *criminals* in the neighborhood were me and this girl down the street...just a little dope, but still not legal.

Anyway, it's too cold to keep anything bass related out there, anyway. And if it's not cold, it's too hot...no real median here in Memphis.

But, I hope the cops actually DO something in the neighborhood. Of course, last night I lost a good bit of confidence in the police force here, because I saw 3 cops behind (check this out) my friend from work.

Apparently he was going home, and a cop rear-ended him. I thought he was drunk, as it's happened before, but no, thankfully, because as I was passing by, it looked as if he was leaning into the back seat, reaching for his baby girl . Bad for him had he been drunk, but I don't think he's that stupid. Sucks for the cop that hit him, though...I'm sure he's going to be in some deep stuff. This guy's already going to sue the police for neglect of medical treatment while he was kept in jail for almost a week with a broken jaw. But that's a different story. So much for that, though. Hopefully the po-pos will come through.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

...and this whole event made you want to practice more?

Practice with his bass, or his 357 magnum?

:cool:

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Originally posted by danymal_x:

...and this whole event made you want to practice more?

Practice with his bass, or his 357 magnum?

:cool:

DX

I don't have a .357, so no, not that. I did manage to play through two Widespread Panic CDs, just for a little fun on the ole 5er...been playing the 4 a lot recently, so I need to get back in the groove.

Well, I went to Home Depot and got these 5" bolts that were of the 3/8" variety, some washers, nuts, etc., and then this massive Master lock that would take several shots from a rapid fire assault rifle to break...and then this very large hinged thing with the flap and loop, and all that. Took all of 45 minutes to install, and the bolts have some extra room, so I took the ole pliers and bent them like they do on the STOP signs.

Needless to say, we're not keeping anything of real value in there anymore, so...they should have fun with that one. Any way to hook up a car battery to that thing, and switch it off when I need to get in? That'll teach them a lesson, fo sho!

A car battery unfortunately wouldn't do anything to 'em. An electric fence system might do some slight damage, but probably not enough. What you need to do, my friend, is tap into a couple of those big hefty insulated wires running across your neighborhood telephone poles. Then you rig up something like this , but on a much larger scale, of course. ;)
All your bass are belong to us!

GrooveMouse, that's terrible. Killing anything is terrible...don't do it! Anywho, it was really just a joke, man. I don't want to hurt anyone, but with the stuff I put on there yesterday, they'll have a fun time getting it all off. They might as well just pull the doors off, ya know. Anyway, just a thought, and I am still quite skeptical that an extra cop will patrol this area...if they do, it won't do any good.

Originally posted by GrooveMouse:

A car battery unfortunately wouldn't do anything to 'em. An electric fence system might do some slight damage, but probably not enough. What you need to do, my friend, is tap into a couple of those big hefty insulated wires running across your neighborhood telephone poles. Then you rig up something like this , but on a much larger scale, of course. ;)

ratzapper.com is now officially one of my favorite websites. That rules.

It would be very easy to tap into your 120AC lines from the house and wire a switch into your garage or anywhere not on the outside of the shed, and connect the hot wire to your desired point. That will zap someone enough to get their attention.

Of course, I wouldn't bother with all that myself. Too much trouble for something that you'll probably never get to witness first hand. It would be better to install a light on a motion sensor in the general area. If you're feeling particularly jaunty, connect a massive sound system to it and have it play "Beer Barrel Polka" at ~140db. That will also get their attention.

If you're feeling particularly jaunty, connect a massive sound system to it and have it play "Beer Barrel Polka" at ~140db. That will also get their attention.

No doubt! Unfortunately, that would probably land Patrick in the same cell as the burglar, just on principle!!!!!

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

If you're feeling particularly jaunty, connect a massive sound system to it and have it play "Beer Barrel Polka" at ~140db. That will also get their attention.

No doubt! Unfortunately, that would probably land Patrick in the same cell as the burglar, just on principle!!!!!

DX

Sho nuff. It'd definitely get the attention of the whole neighborhood, at least. At least I'd be in the same cell, so I could kick him in the head a few times. Anywho, I'd like to try, just to see how bad he'd get fried.

DX

This would give new meaning to "play an accordion and go to jail". :D
I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Archived