Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spirit of Radio

Here's an interesting article form the Washington Post....sad to see the guy justify his actions by saying "change is good". Hopefully satellite radio will put him on the dole... [url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23996-2002May28.html]Mega Hurts - Clear Channel Radio[/url]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting article. Last night while listening to election results on the radio from my old home town I was delightfully surprised by the selection of music they played. At night the DJ has freedom to make his own play list. I heard everything from Foghat to Nattalie Merchant to BT. Mixed in with album cuts form Zeppelin and major hits from this year were songs I did not recognize but still enjoyed. If I could get daytime radio with that variety where I live now I would not have ripped my entire collection of 1000 CD to computer here at work. It seems that every month another DJ in the area looses his or her job to a satellite feed. If I am going to listen to satellite I will listen to XM. Robert
This post edited for speling.

[quote] >>>Zier has little room for experimentation or "WKRP"-like wackiness. "Every issue we discuss, every decision we make," he says in his Rockville office, "comes down to a simple test: Will it increase ratings or revenue? If it doesn't, let's move on.">>> >>>You won't hear much on the five FM stations other than mass-appeal music. Even live human beings are out of the question during late-night and pre-dawn hours, when the stations fill the air with cheapertaped or "automated" programs (the practice could expand to other parts of the day, suggests one insider). >>> >>>You're also likely to hear a lot of commercials. During peak periods, Clear Channel's stations carry anywhere from 16 to 20 minutes of ads per hour.>>> >>>All this leads to a common criticism of Clear Channel: that the company has slowly but methodically bled its stations of any kind of distinctive personality, that in the drive to hold down expenses the stations are losing their local identity. >>> >>>A Clear Channel station in Washington sounds like a Clear Channel station in Chicago or New York City,">>> >>>The technological heart of it all is Clear Channel's master control room. A spotless, windowless, humanless computer farm, >>> [/quote]FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!!!!! These dickheads are getting what they deserve.
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Archived