Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ashdown. Good/Bad?

Tuomas

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be pretty surprised if anyone said that Ashdown amps were not good.

Actually if anyone says any of the major brands are not good, they don't know what they're talking about.

On the other hand, I played in bands in the 60's with Silvertone amps and a Bogen PA system, and in bands in the 70's with a Shure vocalmaster PA.

Now those were bad amps.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

My last amp was fabricated out of coconut husk and bailing wire; it was all MacGuyver like that.

I think I now have your last amp... a 'Desert Isle Special' right? Has the banana connectors to go to the 4xpineapple Cab.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Originally posted by danymal_x:

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

My last amp was fabricated out of coconut husk and bailing wire; it was all MacGuyver like that.

I think I now have your last amp... a 'Desert Isle Special' right? Has the banana connectors to go to the 4xpineapple Cab.

DX

LOL. Totally. I was wondering where that thing went.

Just make sure you never get it near duct tape and a Swiss army knife. As with all MacGuyver creations, the introduction of duct tape instantly turns anything into a bomb. The Swiss army knife acts as the primer. :D

Now that ive finished laughing.

Ashdown.

Ive been amp shopping recently and tried several of them, even the ones way out of my price range 4fatbabiesforahead, and they all sounded great, there was nothin i didn't like axcept the price. For their price i coulda got top of the line boogie. :thu: <------Ashdown

Providence over serendipity any day.

Archived