Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Request for Review - Avatar speakers?

Flemtone

Greets,

I'm looking to change my speaker system from a Trace-Elliot 4X12 to a single 15" cabinet with a tweeter. I'm considering the Avatar B115H cabinet, and wondered if anyone has had good/bad luck with these units.

Reviews from Harmony Central are all positive, but who knows? The reviewers might all be maniacs! I'd trust an unbiased opinion from here a bit more...

Anyway, let me know if you've played thru/heard these cabinets in action.

Thanks, all!

-Tim from Jersey :thu:

Play. Just play.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I own a avatar B2X15 and a B1X15H. I run a peavey classic 400 all tube head into them. I think that avatarspeakers are the best bang for buck cabs out there. they are built real well. and they sound darn good too. I just played a gig last night and got complimented on my tone by several people. if you go to harmonycentral and look at the bass forum there. you will find that many people on there use avatar cabs and have nothing but good things to say about them. for me they work perfectly. and they did not cost me an arm and a leg. so I highly recomend them. People migh questoin how they sound for the price, but I think they sound very good. for the money I don't think you can do much better. and they use eminence speakers which are real good, and they have a good cab design.

I kinda messed up my post some. sorry I'm tired.

I own a 2X10 and a 1X15 from them.

and bassically I am real happy with them both. the 15 has a real good response range and the 10's are real punchy and drive the highs very well. they have ajustable tweeter volume also, and they use good tweeters. I think they are good cabs.

Thanks, JJay

(I know what you mean - gigged last night myself--zzzZZZzzzZZZ)

Thanks for the input - I wish there was a way to try 'em out before buying. Maybe I'll contact Dave at Avatar and see what the possibilities are.

Thanks again,

Tim from Jersey :thu:

Play. Just play.

Archived