Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The New Rig is Alive...

BenLoy

Just hooked my SansAmp up to my Stewart 1.2.

I plugged one stereo side into the Acme (350watts at 4 ohms), and slowly turned it up (with the SansAmp bypassed), and it sounded great with my bass just DI'd!

I kicked in the SansAmp and dialed in a nice fat "warm tube" tone...although the high end was a little "clanky". I'm not going to be using this preamp as my "clean" channel anyway, but the sound was nice (not as nice as a Demeter's but nice).

Then I dialed in a couple different overdrive sounds. Oooooh...yesssss. :love:

I'll update this when I do more testing with the bridged power amp and the Demeter in place.

One happy bass geek, here...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, sansamps are lovely. i managed to make a peavey mark VI sound good with one until i managed to scrape together the funds for a used ampeg. those things kick ass. i'm sure if i wasn't such a one dimensional find-my-one-kick-ass-tone-and-do-not-deviate-ever kind of guy, i'd go get one.

you go ben! when can i try test drive it? i promise i'll bring it home in one piece!

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Arr.. I hate hearing this right now.

While I was in my local shop this past weekend completing my rig, I spotted a seemingly like-new SansAmp RBI for like $170. I didn't even try it out, 'cuz I knew I wouldn't have the money at the end of the day.

However, I walked out with an Ampeg SVT-410HE cab to put between my GK1001RB head and SVT-115EN cab. If the RBI is still there when I get the rest paid on this rig, it's mine... but I'm not holding my breath. I'm pretty stoked as it is anyhow :) . First time I've been completely satisfied with my rig.

-Mike

...simply stating.

Ben,

Sounds like you are on your way.

I guess I missed something (duh). How are you going to feed the signal around?

Stingray to the Demeter to CH1-Stewart, and take a feed out of the Demeter (where?) into CH2-Stewart?

Still working on the scheduling for Saturday....hoping....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

The Stewart has a 'bridged mono' mode where it just sums everything being sent into channel '1' to both sides...and then you plug the banana plugs into the amp in a way that draws current from both amps.

The left and right channels have 1/4" speaker outs, but the only way you can bridge both channels is with banana plugs.

Archived