Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The elusive SWR Goliath III 4-ohm...

Adrian Smith

Went to Sam Ash to check out some amps, decided on the SWR 350x and Goliath III 4x10 cabinet. Great mids, clean highs, INCREDIBLE lows (especially for a 4x10). However, they only have the 8-ohm version, and pumping 240 watts RMS into a 700 watts RMS cabinet seems wasteful to me (the head bumps up to 350 @ 4-ohms). I've searched several online retailers and they have the 8-ohm cabs, but I can't find the 4-ohm! Musician's Friend says they do... but their details are a little sketchy and I'm not sure about their accuracy. Anyone know where to find this elusive 4-ohm cabinet!?!?! Thanks!

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end.

--King Crimson

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're out there. You'll track one down.

If worse comes to worse, e-mail SWR, tell them you want to buy one, tell them where you live, and ask them if they've sent any out to any dealers near you. If not, ask them who can sell them to you on-line. However, my experience e-mailing SWR has been a little spotty in terms of the rapidity of their response! But, if you're telling them you're a buyer, they may find it in their interest to hook you up with product as expediently as possible!

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

However, my experience e-mailing SWR has been a little spotty in terms of the rapidity of their response!
I can tell! I've emailed them twice two days ago!

Running two of the 8-ohm cabs would be ideal, but I really can't afford TWO right now. :grin:

I emailed Musician's Friend asking them why they listed the 4-ohm cab under two different item numbers. They said one was for bass, and one was for guitar. Uhhhh... last I checked SWR only made bass equipment!?!?! This is why I don't want to order from them, I'm afraid that they don't know what they are doing...

Thanks for the help.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end.

--King Crimson

Archived