Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any other drummers on this forum?

bassdrummer

Hi everyone! I've been hanging out at Nicedrums.com for a while, but I thought I'd check in. So are there any other drummers on this forum? Or any drum-related questions you'd like to ask? I'm SLOWLY learning to play bass and I have to say that I definitely learn a lot reading your posts. That doesn't mean I understand a lot of it, but hey, I'm a drummer, right?

:D

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a different kind of a drummer....and I play Tabla, have you heard of it? 28 years of playing.

I played a solo in front of Ravishankar and Alla Rakha, when I was 12 years of age, and played with a pianist in front of Zakir Hussain when I was 33 years of age. (3 years ago)I was on honey moon after my marriage before this gig and I remember how I carried my Tablas to practice every night while honey mooning. So everything was about rhythm. At the same time, I love slapping the bass..man I 'm good at it, as I've mentioned in this forum before, I'm gonna be famous at the age of 50 for my bass playing :bor:

Despite the comments above, you are most certainly welcome. We do tease drummers here (as I'm sure drummers tease bassists), but we recognize that drummers and bassists work together. From what we've seen, most of the drummers we've encountered have been pretty cool!!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

Despite the comments above, you are most certainly welcome. We do tease drummers here (as I'm sure drummers tease bassists), but we recognize that drummers and bassists work together. From what we've seen, most of the drummers we've encountered have been pretty cool!!

Tom

Dood, we were just kidding. I know a few smart drummers, too. :cool:

Bartolini, JDL...what are obelixes? I do like the crawling Homer, however.

I'll throw my hat in, I guess! I'm a drummer & I bought a bass from a friend of mine during the holidays, and I'm digging it. I took guitar lessons for two years, which definitely is making the bass learning a bit easier, but there's still a lot to learn. There are some great lessons online that I've been working from and its really helped! :thu:

Originally posted by JDL:

Cymbals! Don't be so mean! You didn't even give your friend his bass? How rude?!fool. I know, the bass has called you and you cannot stray from the call.

Let me ask you a question: Does the piercing call ever keep you up at night and you must go to it, or else you will go deaf?

hehe

I'd say its more of a lowwww call. But it does keep me awake at night. Must learn new tab...lol

The Asterix cartoons are the type you buy in book form at sophisticated big-city book stores. Originally in French, they have been translated into many languages. Check 'em out if you like cartoon books, or manga.

I play drums as well as bass. Have been playing tympani in an orchestra for the past several years, as well as drums in a rock band. I play bass in a couple of other bands. Could never decide which I like better, so I do both. I put a lot more time in playing bass, though.

All right! I knew there were more of us out there . . . And thanks for the welcome!

Cymbals -- come over to nicedrums.com--it's a fun forum. Drummers get teased so much that we need a support group -- the forum is very therapeutic for us all ...

lol

:D:D:D

--Rush, "Limelight"

Originally posted by bassdrummer:

Cymbals -- come over to nicedrums.com--it's a fun forum.

And of course the invitation is open to the rest of y'all! We could use a little sophistication to elevate our musical discussion!

;)

--Rush, "Limelight"

I looked in on a coupla drum forums a year or so ago, but didn't find them as enjoyable as the bass forums, for some reason. Maybe too much "I can play faster than you so mine is bigger than yours". Dunno, exactly, but I lost interest.

um, i've asked a couple questions here, and i'm a drummer ( was is more accurate, but....still flailing...whatever ). the 1st rock band gig i ever did was on bass though...what's the qualifying test....Barney Miller theme?? Geddy or JPJ licks? i got those covered...sorta :wave:

Archived