Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Death Metal Bassists

DWBass

cmdn, earth first fist fuck? corpsifixiation? too much. the best laugh i've had in a while.

at any rate, i have to note that r&b guys a usually the most open minded guys i've met. some of the younger ones may not have heard a lot of the out-of-genre stuff, but they usually freak when they hear it and immediately want to try playing it. maybe it has something to do with the tremendous amounts of pot that most of the truly dedicated r&b musicians i've met tend to smoke?

well, i'll go read that zappa thing now. just wanted to vomit forth a few low octave, overdriven sentences before i forgot what i wanted to say.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CMDN--hilarious stories! LMAO. But you know, for all your talk, I'll bet that really you like best to be alone on dark winter evenings with a hot cup of herbal tea and a big, snuggly sweater, tinkling liltingly on your white, candle-lit piano, head tilted back & cocked slightly to one side, with a wan smile and misty eye, softly singing "Imagine" and old Carpenters favorites late into the night, until you retire on your futon, flushed with hope in a world that can be home to people of such deep feeling as yours...am I right? Go on, you can tell us; cry if you like, you're among friends.

Yeah, I thought so.

"Why do birds suddenly appear... every time... you are neeeeeaaaarrrr... Just like me... they long to be... Close to youuuuuuuuuuu...."

Erm... what?

Hell, I wish I COULD play (and afford to buy) a piano. Then I'd play and sing my favorite Carpenters, Seals & Crofts and Journey songs all night.

Sadly, I have trouble sleeping on our futon -- it's so small and lumpy. Stupid Japanese design.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Originally posted by CMDN:

Do you suppose that if you'd shown up with a stack of old Air Supply albums, he still would've sat there for three hours?

Everything has its limit.

hmmm... Good question. I dunno. I'm guessing he would've, but then he'd also probably start smoking crack. That's what I'd have done.

BTW, I noticed Bastid's funny observation abiut death metal logos and lyrics... That's SO true. Back when I used to do ad designs (among about a zillion other things) for my old music mag, I often had to create ads for some of the mag's death metal label advertisers. The logos were SO hard to decipher sometimes -- there were so many loops and pointy jags on the letters that I thought they looked more like alphabetical fish-hooks than band names. So funny.

My favorite album title was Carnivorous Erection by a band called Regurgitate. The album cover featured a woman attempting to fellate a penis that had a face and big, nasty-looking teeth... it was chewing on her cheek. I was dying.

Our old bassist and I did a stupid "death" project just for laughs -- we wrote ridiculous songs about farts ("Flatulation Vibration",) helicopters ("Target") and fucking a tree ("Earth First Fist Fuck.") We recorded them on his DAW. We had about five songs -- the lyrics were so stupid, but they sounded great after we processed the vocals and dropped them in pitch to demonic levels. It was fun... but it wasn't easy. Those kinds of songs are murder on the fingers (no pun intended.) We called ourselves Corpsifixation and played our stuff for some of our "deathy' friends without telling them it was our stuff. They loved it. We told them it was an advance from a a new Swedish death metal band... They still don't know it was us.

Man, that's some funky shit!! :freak::D

Yo Tazz...

Ugh. We split with that old bassist under (ahem) unpleasant terms, so it's unlikely that there will be any available copies of the Corpsifixation album any time soon. Such a shame... It really was pretty good. And funny. Maybe "Zero" (my pet name for the old bassist) will decide to post some MP3s of it somewhere... I dunno. I ain't calling him to ask.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived