Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What kind of pickguard do you have?

JDL

Pearl is definitely the best choice to offset a Blue body... my current bass is rear-routed, but my old P-Bass was blue with pearl, darker blue than yours though. It was a beautiful instrument in it's prime though... it just got kinda tired.

I like the diamond-plate look too though... kinda extreme.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife just bought me a white pearl pickguard (like JDL refers to) for my solid black Jazz, to replace the plain white one it came with (she wanted something to "set off" the look of the bass; I was cool with plain, but she thought it was ho-hum). I think it'll look fantastic! :thu: (Did I mention my wife's a keeper?)

I've got a matte black one on my Music Man Sterling, but I'd really like a clear one to show off the pretty sunburst finish (it'd look exactly like the Sterling on Jeremy's page, btw). But I'm having a hard time convincing myself to shell out $50 for a pickguard... :(

Does your wife have a sister :thu: ? Actually, mine bought me my current rig, so I can't complain... :) I just have to fork over for the trip to Vegas this spring!

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

I guy (in a neighboring band) I know really enhanced the finish on a Ric 360 6 string guitar by creating his own design and getting it imposed on some adhesive paper and sticking it to his pick gaurd. It looks fantastic, cost very little and took him off the mean streets of Belfast for a couple of hours. :D

Unfortunately he hasn't offered to do mine :cry:

But they're supporting us soon and I suppose I could hold back the money til he relents :D

CupMcMali...this monkey's gone to heaven :freak:

Yeah, I sent the money for the pickguard yesterday. The guy said it would come in about a week, or less. Do any yamahas basses even have pickguards?

dcr-hope you enjoy, sounds like the wife knows how to spice up that bass. How much is she involved with your bass?

I'm still waiting.........................................

Archived