Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CD Prices down in your area?

Two of the chain CD outlets here in Utah have ALL their CDs on sale for $9.99 this weekend. I know there's all kinds of Memorial Day sales this weekend but this is a large price drop. Is that happening nationwide? Do you suppose the Napster/copying threat has forced record companies to a more reasonable price? (We can only hope?)

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At $10 per CD, I might start buying again. Even though I have about 500 discs, in the last 5 years, I bet I've only bought about 15. Just not worth $20 per IMO.
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Some major chains have been selling a few high profile titles at $9.99. 2 titles that come to mind are Ashanti and Norah Jones. I buy most of my CD's used for $5-8. When I want a new release, I wait for any of the locally owned stores to have a 20% off sale, which they do several times a year. But even when a $15 CD ends up at $12, I buy new music sparingly.

I try to never pay more than 12 or 13 dollars for a CD unless it's one of my fav bands and don't really care how much because I'm going to get it anyway. But I usually will buy used CD's off of amazon.com and stores like CD Warehouse, and Warehouse Music. Another great place to find cheap CD's is Target...they introduce alot of new artist and price their CD's around 6.99 to 9.99.
"But she dies.....just like suicide"

Wow, I thought you guys across tge sea pay much less to your CD's. Here in Belgium we pay around $15-$19 per new CD. The UK is even more expensive. I always thought you guys get a better deal. Making me feel better about charging $19.5 when selling ours across the sea (don't forget - post included :D )

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

Archived