Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's talk about Lee Flier while she's here...

Even though I am not a big fan of the "Straight ahead Rock-N-Roll" that you love so much, your posts about staying true to [b][i]your own vision[/i][/b] *[what ever it may be]*, and not settling for less than the best you can do, always ring of undeniable truth. Sister, YOU ROCK!!! :D Thanks, KHAN :wave:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many of the guys here on the forum are secretly (or openly) in love with Lee, I'd bet, because she represents everything they'd want in a partner-soulmate. But, we'll have to be content with worshipping her from afar, or being the "big brother" figure. Lee, we all love ya, girl (raises Bacardi and diet Coke)...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hey, Lee likes drummers. As a drummer I have to say that I really like that! Plus she's cool enough to chill your beer and hot enough to warm your buns. What more could a man want? A kick ass guitar player? Yeah, but she's that too. "All this and more, Howie!" -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Awwwww.... thanks you guys... Khan, I feel the same way about you, I may not dig the same music as you but I sure do think you're a cool human being and love your passion for what you do. (oh, and I meant to tell you that when I read your quote from "Wish You Were Here" in Wewus's thread I started bawling my eyes out, I'm serious). And Tedster, you are just the coolest. You always seem to know the right thing to say in any situation. And if anybody on here IS secretly in love with me I wish they'd just say so... cuz I am really getting royally sick of being single. :cry: And it's hard enough to find guys that really think outside the box and are creative and a bit bohemian but are also reasonable people that don't need a babysitter... but then it seems like most of the guys I do meet who are like that, for some reason don't want a woman who is like that, they want one who is more "conventional". :confused: Whassup wit that? Oh well, all you guys are too cool anyway, and I always enjoy getting on here and arguing with y'all. :D --Lee

Single White Male guitarist/aspiring engineer seeks companionship of like minded female guitarist/engineer. Must have an affinity for dogs and human percussion. No smokers or heavy drinkers. I am Rolling Stones tolerant. :love:

"I know we've been under a lot of stress, but if you gentlemen don't mind, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS F***ING COUCH!" What film is this from? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Thing -John Carpenter version. GRRREAT movie!! :wave:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

here's to Lee, the most honest person i've never met. [quote]Originally posted by Dwarf: [b]...she's cool enough to chill your beer and hot enough to warm your buns.[/b][/quote]nice. i think i need to start a collection of Dwarf quotes. i'm quite sure he's writen some great lyrics, even if he [i]is[/i] a canadian drummer. wager

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b]And it's hard enough to find guys that really think outside the box and are creative and a bit bohemian but are also reasonable people that don't need a babysitter... but then it seems like most of the guys I do meet who are like that, for some reason don't want a woman who is like that, they want one who ismore "conventional". :confused: Whassup wit that?[/b][/quote]I don't know for sure. I always wanted a creative unconventional girl -someone like me. But that's not what I got. I've come to realize however that if I had ended up with that kind of girl, I'd be in trouble because we'd never get anything done in life. My wife (of 8 happy years) is quite conventional, but was attracted to me for being unconventional and 'odd'. It works well though. We need that in our lives. It's diversity in nature that keeps an entire species from being wiped out by one virus. Likewise, my wife and I counter-balance each other. She keeps me grounded (well, she tries), and I challenge her to move in directions she otherwise wouldn't have considered. It's not always easy. Often it's difficult. It's like Tug-of-war, with each of us pulling toward our respective tendencies. But, over time, as we both grow, it gets easier. Don't worry Lee. Your man is out there. I find intelligent, creative chix like you a big turn on, and I know a lot of other guys feel that way too. You might be surprized to know how many are around you that feel that way, but haven't had the nerve to tell you. Besides, who can tell me that Lee isn't a babe in this pic: [img]http://lflier.home.mindspring.com/graphics/leerick.jpg[/img] Inteligent, cool, and sexy too! If I were unattached and in your area, I'd be all over you! ;)

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b]And it's hard enough to find guys that really think outside the box and are creative and a bit bohemian but are also reasonable people that don't need a babysitter... but then it seems like most of the guys I do meet who are like that, for some reason don't want a woman who is like that, they want one who is more "conventional". :confused: Whassup wit that? --Lee[/b][/quote]Lee, sometimes it seems hard to find *anyone* who is free-thinking, male or female. It's not encouraged by most of our society, which sets up our expectations when we are still fetuses! :) Leave the "conventional" thinking people to hook up with other "conventional" thinking people. I read these posts in this forum, with guys talking about getting married and then subsequent posts saying, "Hey, mannn, buy all the gear you can now, before it's too late!" and other things swerving dangerously close to the types of spam jokes that flood emailboxes everywhere. I guess this sort of thing strikes me as bizarre, because I wonder why anyone would suddenly "change" and deny someone that they love their passion in life. You get a lot of guys who are insecure. They want to call the shots (although oddly, they also want a "mommy"). They have this idea of what a woman is supposed to do, and somehow, their wife playing drums doesn't figure into their picture. Too bad for them. Let 'em find someone who's in the same mindset, and you can find someone who's a little freer in his thinking. It all works out.

Wager/Wewus(47) - you know not of what you speak, my friend. The only song lyrics I've written have been parodies, and of the most foul and disgusting type. No sodomy reference too low :) As it happens, I just made my first parody recording. Funny as hell but sicker than shit. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

[quote]Originally posted by Tedwewuster-shire Sauce: [b]Super 8: (Garth voice): "If Lee were a president, she'd be Babe-raham Lincoln". [/b][/quote]SCHWING!!!!!!! :D

Well let's face it, we all knew what we needed to know about Lee when her photo showed her playing a Rickenbacker . Lee, if you actually get hitched because of this forum, then I'll apply for one of those mail-order reverend things so I can be the one to do the ceremony. Now THAT would be cool. Finally, is there any truth to the rumor that you have an aversion to wedding rings because they're loop-based?!?

So, we're talkin' about Lee Flier. That's all good. She musta started posting on this forum right after she was born. Look at the number of posts....& she's still young.... I'm an old codger who listens to, and plays a whole different kinda music but I gotta say this. What Lee & "What The?" do, makes me listen. I'd definitely go to one of their shows. I stuck a couple of those tunes on one of my play lists. Can't complain about one damn thing about that girl. On top of all that, she's got some good advise on recording techniques. What more can you ask for in a woman? Lee! I'm very happily married to my current hotty but if it would fail, I believe I'd move on down to Atlanta just to see if I could hook up. :love:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b] Lee, if you actually get hitched because of this forum, then I'll apply for one of those mail-order reverend things so I can be the one to do the ceremony. Now THAT would be cool. [/b][/quote]There'd be no shortage of musicians for the band at the reception!

[quote]Originally posted by soapbox: [b]I married a [url=http://www.janedoeintegrity.com/]smart woman, who thinks outside of the box[/url] , so I definitely approve of that sort of thing! :) :thu: [/b][/quote]Awesome! Congrats! Cool pics. Well, I'm not married, but I have been living with my very cool girlfriend for over two years. She is really openminded, hysterically funny, creative, and listens to all sorts of different kinds of music -- from Hindu devotional music to Led Zeppelin, from Linkin Park to Lauryn Hill, all sorts of world music, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, hip-hop, bluegrass, country, and more. She love hearing new CDs that I pick up (I buy a LOT of CDs and a fair amount of gear, probably just like most people who post here!!0. She even gets a kick out of the really strange African and Tuvan throat-singing CDs that I have. We go traveling during the summer to Thailand, India, Burma, and other places (check out my travel pictures on the web site if you want), get along really well, and love hanging out with each other. It's really great!!! It's really great when something works out, when it comes together, and am always happy to hear when others have been smart enough to have waited it out for the right person, and lucky enough to have found that person.

Yeah, Lee! Always an interesting read when you post. Glad to have you fightin' the good fight everyday. :thu: Have you worked out the van situation and set up any gigs here in Nashvegas?? Craig, what's this about a "...mail order Reverend..."? So THAT'S the way you buy those guitars! I was wondering, since I've seen their amps at Sam Ash in Nashville, but never see the instruments... ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

man you guys are sooo lame with your lee flier worship. you have no idea about lee..... however, i guess it's not a well-kept secret anymore, so i'll oficially let the cat out of the bag: lee flier and I used to be a couple a while back. well let me tell you something fellas, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. first of all, she never put the damn guitar down. breakfast. lunch. dinner. she was playing that damn guitar. i thought it was just a phase and she'd grow out of it, but NO. hell, she even took it to bed with her, and i'd have to sleep on the sofa. and then she was always buying the stupidest stuff. all this silly recording gear with knobs and wires and stuff. how dumb is that? did she ever once buy me flowers? or a nice gold necklace? no! she bought herself a "vintage toob compressor" whatever the hell that is. i mean for the money she spent on that, she could have bought me a nice romantic dinner and some diamond earrings. oh and then she's never home at night. seems her little rock and roll band was more important than me. would she stay home and cuddle with me while watching "friends?" NO. she'd be off in some dank, smokey, smelly bar, playing that loud, obnoxious rock music. and speaking of that , her taste in music was atrocious. we never saw eye to eye on selections. she was always blaring this barbaric, out of tune rolling stone record about bleeding and devils and ya ya's. i mean why couldn't she play something good like "milli vanilli," or "kenny g?" so, my advice is- stay away from lee if you know what's good for you. -d. gauss http://www.betteroffdead.com

Hurmphh ... d gauss, you got me laughing so hard I blew water out my nose! At least I know it's clean now, but next time give some warning, OK? -- Rob

SeriousLEE RespectfuLEE HonestLEE UnanimouLEE we think you're the Way to Be if thats not silly enought how about... L is for Los Angeles that she was brave enough to try and smart enough to leave E and E are for the first and last strings on her weapon of choice Put them all together and you've got one really dedicated musician. (Oh well - Not enough letters in her name to make this more interesting). Hey , since there is so much good will floating around this forum I propose we all get together this summer at Tedsters house for a few beers (yeah I mean for the whole summer) Why Tedsers? Top 10 reasons: 1)KC is centrally located 2)has the best BBQ in the world 3) We all recognize Tedster as the defacto host of this forum. 4)'5),6) has the best BBQ in the world 7) My mother-in-law wont be there 8) My kids wont be there 9) I want to ask his wife how she feels playing second fiddle to a strat with glitter on it 10)Lee is sure to show and now that Ive seee THAT PICTURE of her I'm thinking differently about her. I'm sure he wont mind - we can call it a Lee fest. Ted, I'm partial to Grolsch or St. Pauli Girl. Do you mind if I bring along my dog? Hes really friendly and only occasionally humps the furniture.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

Works for me, Kendrix...'cept, let's make it about 2 1/2 hours southeast of KC at a little hamlet called "Lakeview Heights"...south of Sedalia, MO. It's right on the Lake of the Ozarks...Missouri's number one getaway spot. Let's do it the weekend of August 3rd. That's when "Lakestock" happens. :D :D :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I have to admit, I'd have a very hard time finding anyone as cool as Lee to hang with. I love her in your face rock n roll spirit, dig her guit-slinging, respect all the way around. I imagine if I lived in Atlanta we'd be fast friends......IF SHE'D LET ME! Ha Ha!!! I'd love to be her Ron Wood in a band...... :) :) OK OK......going to brush my teeth after my turn at ass kissing!!!!!! :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Archived