Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mac VST Wrappers

OK, a real question for once - :D Since I just HAD to try that Singing Monk vsti, :D I had to put in a VST wrapper for DP 2.7, my main Mac audio program. Anybody try/like the Audio Ease VST wrapper for MOTU? Is it better or worse than, say, Pluggo? (BTW - anyone try 3.0 yet?) Any tips for optimizing performance? I've had the GUI lock up on me 2 times tonite - mostly when trying to re-open a plugin window. (Audio keeps going, which is sorta cool...I think maybe I'm a little spoiled by BeOS) Also - dumb Mac question: Is there a way to kill a rogue application, like the 3-finger salute in Windoze or killing processes in Linux, and regain control? Thanks in advance - we now return you to our regularly scheduled WeWus-Bashing, already in progress...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote] Also - dumb Mac question: Is there a way to kill a rogue application, like the 3-finger salute in Windoze or killing processes in Linux, and regain control? [/quote]Yeah, it's Option+Command+Escape. Under OS 9, you might get to quit and you might just lock up. No tellin'. Under OS X, you get a list of your running apps and you pick which one you wanna kill, or you can restart the Finder if you want.

Archived