Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Meatball is too complicated! Opinion on BassIQ?

alexclaber

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by alexclaber:

And now that Lovetone have ceased production (for good) it's worth about $600. So I'm looking to replace it with something much simpler and smaller. I'm quite keen on the EBS BassIQ - anyone here got any experience with them?

Alex

I have one. It's a quality plug-and-play filter that produces some nice blurble and quack with a minimum of knob twisting. Well built, though a little pricey.

Also, it's not true bypass, which is a crime for which all effects manufacturers these days should be strung up and beaten with sticks.

I've given up worrying about true-bypass, but I agree that it seems a much better solution on the whole. However, as I'm using an active bass which always goes through a TE compresser pedal anyway then everythings at low impedance and high voltage and is unlikely to suffer too much (or so it seems).

Alex

If you use a limited number of effects at any given time the Digitech BP-8 has good quality ones and can be had for less these days than even one of those single function boutique stomp boxes. And yet it has some effects that compete (and maybe a couple that surpass) admirably, both tonally and in s/n - and enough parameters but not too many - to get the desired variations.

It has not too big of a footprint. It just needs an intelligent user strategy; it's better to see it more like a unitized stompox selection - as opposed to a everything-and-the-kitchensinktoo framus. All the stuuf you've mentioned in these various topics just started, it does well.

Archived