Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

David Ellefson playing for Metallica?!!!

Mike H.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure about that, but I do know that the last couple of times the 'tallica boys played out, thier producer Bob Rock was holdin' down the fort on bass... not bad either from what I hear... :)

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

...Yeah, since his project EchoBrain (comprised of Jason and 2 teenagers) fell apart after a promising debut. I wonder what he's up to these days... As far as Ellefson, I heard that after Megadeth disbanded because of Dave Mustain's hand injury/ continued drug abuse (depending on who you ask...) that Ellefson and the other 2 guys in the 'deth were gonna start a new band, with a new singer. I also heard Bobby R. is more than holding his own and the low end down for Metallica, and it'll be interesting to see what happens for all the parties involved.

PS: My twin brother's labrynthian knowledge of heavy metal contributed to this post.

Originally posted by jeremyc:

What? You mean they aren't going to call me? :cry:

I would've called you -- as long as you would've been willing to add several more Goliath Jr. 2x10 cabs to your "wall of sound" and to run that reissue DeArmond Ashbory thru some overdrive! ;):P:D

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Scootdog:

Originally posted by cornbread:

. . . Jerry Dixon from Warrant . . .

I'd put money on Derek Smalls first.
I admit, I laughed when I heard that. It's just another rumor floating around. I just can't see Bob Rock playing the Cliff stuff. It just doesn't seem possible.

If humble little ole' me can pull off the Cliff stuff, I'm sure a seasoned musician like Bob can do it.... Or maybe he won't even have to... :idea:

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

Archived