Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Avatar

Chad Thorne

I've selected a new avatar for two reasons:

1) My new medication is being very effective and I thought it was time for a happier, more positive image than Edgar Allen Poe;

2) As I mentioned earlier, I've been playing the fiddle again for about 9 months, and digging it. This little fiddler guy just popped out at me as I was browsing avatars and, well, there ya go.

"As far as fiddling goes, 'if it's no' Scottish, it's CRAP!'"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear about a more positive approach !!

So that fiddle thing is hangin in there? What are you studying? Bluegrass? Country? Are you playing on Sunday yet?

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by chewstermaniac:

thanks chad....i just wasted 10 minutes of my life trying to choose one of these.....well, i picked the clown seeing as i have one tatooed on my arm.

Cant sleep....clown will eat me!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Pirate- Idnarb

I see the name in Patrick's avatar. I don't get the "Suzie" reference (probably because I'm not a fan of that band). Seeing Idnarb's post, the elder among us may have been reminded of Suzie Creamcheese...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Suzy Creamcheese, what's got into you, honey?...

These Mothers is crazy. You can tell by their clothes. One guy wears beads and they all smell bad. We were gonna get them for a dance after the basketball game but my best pal warned me you can never tell how many will show up... sometimes the guy in the fur coat doesn't show up and sometimes he does show up only he brings a big bunch of crazy people with him and they dance all over the place. None of the kids at my school like these Mothers ... specially since my teacher told us what the words to their songs meant.

Sincerely forever,

Suzy Creamcheese

Salt Lake City, Utah

Originally posted by greenboy:

Suzy Creamcheese, what's got into you, honey?...

These Mothers is crazy. You can tell by their clothes. One guy wears beads and they all smell bad. We were gonna get them for a dance after the basketball game but my best pal warned me you can never tell how many will show up... sometimes the guy in the fur coat doesn't show up and sometimes he does show up only he brings a big bunch of crazy people with him and they dance all over the place. None of the kids at my school like these Mothers ... specially since my teacher told us what the words to their songs meant.

Sincerely forever,

Suzy Creamcheese

Salt Lake City, Utah

:D:D:D

Ketchup is a vegetable!

I'm surprised no one has ever made a comment on my Sid Vicious avatar... :D Then again, there probably arent too many here who know who is... Some of you do though, I know... ;) I'm think Jerry Only from the Misfits might be my next avatar incarnation... :thu:

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

But with The Cramps option you could be a whole bunch of bassists and morph back and forth between sexes.

Man, punk shockabilly neopsychedelic trash culture noise back then was just a whole lot more fun than all the bad music that kids are making these days! ; }}}}}}

Originally posted by Idnarb:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret:

That was a little bit big. Maybe this will be better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suzie, Suzie, Suzie Greenberg!

Yeah, I wish I knew who she was too. I was thinking you were making fun of the fact that my post sounds a bit conspicuous. (eyes rolling from side to side)

A few weeks ago I pulled into the driveway at the associate pastor's house. He and his wife were having a yard sale and my wife was helping. As I came around the corner "Don't Fear The Reaper" was on the radio and I had it CRANKED. I hopped out of the truck and announced "I've got a fever and the only cure is MORE COWBELL!" EVERYBODY got the reference; definitely one of SNL's best-known and popular skits. Best avatar by a mile.

Re: Sid Vicious. He and I share a birthday with Fred Astaire - suave tunesters, all. When Sid was arrested for his girlfriend's murder, Chevy Chase, still the SNL news anchor, announced that on the advice of his lawyer Sid had changed his name to "Sid Not-Such-A-Bad-Guy-Once-You-Get-To-Know-Him"...

Archived