Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Anniversary Tom, Bob and Wally!!!

RobT

I have been informed by sources who shall remain nameless. And while I was at work at that. That today is the first anniversary of our illustrious moderators: Tom Capasso, Bob Gollihur and Wally Malone. These guys have done a fine job since they took over for Ed Friedland. Many wondered if this forum would survive the flak in the way that Ed departed. He still drops by and posts from time to time.

I think the new regime has stood the test and have done a fine job. So let's show 'em our thanks for the time and effort that they put into this forum. Come on Low Downers, Bottom Dwellers and other fanatics sub woofer frequency heaven. Let 'em know we care and appreciate them.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers! I wasn't here during Ed's reign, but I've certainly enjoyed the moderation of the Capasso-Gollihur-Malone triumvirate!

Thanks, you guys! Congrats for making it this far! Best wishes for your future, successful moderation!

Peace,

Sweet Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Thanks RobT and friends.

Moderating takes a bit of work to keep up with all the posts. The best thing is that all you folks do such a great job keeping thiis thing going. Ed Friedland set the tone, but he also is such an authority. We three (especially me) are not in that mold. It's the contributions of so many here that have made this such a great place !!

Thanks again !! :thu:

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I'd like to express my appreciation for the outstanding job our moderators are doing.

Expressive but not overbearing, controlling but not stifling, helpful but not smothering.

Ah, the sweet bouquet of 1 year aged wine(er moderators)

Thanks for the great job guys........

I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

Indeed, kudos most extreme to the three headed team supreme! Have always enjoyed this forum, even before I posted, and have seen their stewardship serve us all with class and quality.

Thanks guys.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

This is the only forum i know of where there isn't the same old questions every single day.

I believe its because the expertise of some of our participants scares the crap out of the Is fender any good questions.

hell it scared me out of it :D

anyway congrats from someone who has been here since ed but just started posting, not that that is helping anyone :)

Double what we got o mr. roboto

Double

Double

Thanks, gents -- I am pleased to see a higher level of posts in this forum than in many others.

But that's you guys, I'm just glad it's my duty to read them and learn something new every day.

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

Thanks RobT and all. The success of this forum is due to all of your contributions. It's always great to see the professionals here give it up for those just getting started. I'm sure many of you have noticed that I don't post as frequently as I used to. With most of the negotiations of contracts for arts organizations about finished for this season and a little slowdown of the outdoor summer gigs in California I should be able to pick up the posting in the near future. Even though I haven't been posting as much I have continued to read your posts and have kept up on what's going on here and as Bob G stated it is nice to see the heightened activity here. Thanks to all of you. :thu:

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

A massive thanx to the three musketeers ! When I seen the Thread's Headline I thought Tom, Bob and Wally were married, but I read on and discovered the aniversary was for something much, much more important !

Keep up the good work. :freak:

Cupmcmali - no not married, but we still like each other ;)

Greenboy - I'm sooooo sorry !! All this time I've been waiting for you to send me a white t-shirt with that little green bass player on it !!!!

Email me your address, and I'll pull something out of my closet :)

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Yeah, GB, you could certainly rack up a few extra bucks selling some baseball caps with that little green bass god! Skip the t-shirts and go right to the headgear!

Again, Bob, Wally, and Tom, you're doing great. Keep on keepin' on.

Peace,

--sweets

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived