Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where are you people from?

trator

First of all, I´d like to thank you for helping me choose my first bass (I think I´ll go with the yamaha BB one).

Anyway, I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

What about you? Aren´t you curious about your friends´ country?

(soory again for the bad english, but it´s better than portuguese for you :wave:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muito gosto!

Eu moro em northern California, USA, just outside of San Francisco.

(Born in Rhode Island, USA)

Can't understand Portugese, but I love the music of Tom Jobim, Djavan, Ivan Lins, Dori Caymmi, Elis Regina and play as much of it as I can.

One of these days I'll have to come for a visit to your beautiful city.

Tchau!

trator, The US is a big country, but if it is any help, I live along the spine of the continental divide, in Montana - even though I'm at under a thousand meters elevation there is already some snow on the valley floor here. I live about 50 kilometers from Glacier National Park, in the country.

I've seen via video and film and books a lot about Brazil. But until I travel there myself, the music is how I enjoy Brazil the most : }

Hey, if you ever feel like talking about some of the musics of your region, there is a World Music topic that hasn't been fed in awhile - or start your own Brazil thread!

Trator,

I live just outside of Chicago in the state of Illinois. My soul resides in New York City, where I was born and raised. I have lived in various places in our country, though -- the states of New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and North Carolina.

I'd love to get to Brazil one day.

BTW, congratulations on the whole World Cup thing!

--Sweets

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Here in the city of Arlington, smack dab between Dallas and Ft. Worth Texas. Isn't this the center of the known world?

Anyway, I envy you living in a city with a big mountain and lovely statue...like the Eiffel Tower, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Empire State Building, the Sydney Opera House...you have a statue that gives you a strong sense of place.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii, in the sunny state of Hawaii in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Not a whole lot of music here, but the weather is terrific and it's a great place to live.
I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

Originally from Detroit, also known as Motown in the Great Lakes region of the USA. Currently living in the southeastern US in the great state of North Carolina. Which puts me closer to the Atlantic Ocean. Kinda like the California of the East Coast. Mountains to the west, the Atlantic Ocean to the east and ancient forests in the middle. The only thing missing is the desert.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains about 75 miles south of Jeremy. Great place to live with easy access to San Jose, the whole San Francisco Bay Area and the Monterey Bay as well.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

I live in Charm City (a.k.a. Baltimore, Maryland), just 30 minutes NE of Washington D.C. and home of the (now) world famous sniper!

I spent the first 20 years of my life in Las Vegas, NV. I don't suppose I have to tell you much about that one, now do I.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

As some would say, RobT, you live in the Great State of Mecklenburg! (I used to live in Charlotte where I worked for the county and then taught in the Char-Meck Schools. :) )

LOL! Now I know why they say NC political campaigns are some of the toughest in the country!

I think Liz Dole is being re-educated in that fact right now!

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Hi Trator, I live in a little town (well it's been upgraded to a city even tho' it doesn't deserve it) just outside Belfast. Belfast is a well known city through out the world....mainly because of, John Lennon, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Elvis's (Presley and Costello), Kurt Cobain, Keith Richard, Frankie Reasons, Ricky Dick and the FourSkins and many of the other talented musicians who were born there.

CupMcMali....The text books never Lie. ;)

Hi Trator,

I was born in Poughkeepsie, New York (try to say that 3 times fast) which is about half way between NYC and Albany, right along the Hudson river. I moved to Plano, Texas when I was about 5 (suburb just north of Dallas). I now have been living in Norman, Oklahoma for 3 months (just south of Oklahoma City).

Davebrownbass- If it is any consolation, you do have the Ballpark, Six Flags, and the Arlington Guitar Show (musch better than Dallas's, imho)

BNC

Originally posted by Shivall:

Born and raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Just think of the Southern edge of Canada...About 1 hour South of central Canada.

Ahh A Squared checks in!

RobT

I live in the middle of a swamp. Texas isn't all horses and desert. I live about 100 miles east of Houston, right on the border of Louisianna, about 10 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

I went to college with a guy from Brazil. He was from Sao Paulo. He lived in the same building as Max and Igor Cavalera of Sepultura.

Originally posted by jeremyc:

Muito gosto!

Eu moro em northern California, USA, just outside of San Francisco.

(Born in Rhode Island, USA)

Can't understand Portugese, but I love the music of Tom Jobim, Djavan, Ivan Lins, Dori Caymmi, Elis Regina and play as much of it as I can.

One of these days I'll have to come for a visit to your beautiful city.

Tchau!

Hey, Jeremyc, good to hear that you like brazilian music. People generally used to say that is exotic or world music, in a pejorative way. And, yes, we have amazing musicians. I visited your website and it-s pretty cool. Hope to see you in Rio. I´ll be proud to show you some good places here.

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It's just about 45 minutes drive south of Toronto, for a familiar name. We're on Lake Ontario. I seem to share a last name with Wally Malone :):thu:

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table."

-Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by greenboy:

trator, The US is a big country, but if it is any help, I live along the spine of the continental divide, in Montana - even though I'm at under a thousand meters elevation there is already some snow on the valley floor here. I live about 50 kilometers from Glacier National Park, in the country.

I've seen via video and film and books a lot about Brazil. But until I travel there myself, the music is how I enjoy Brazil the most : }

Hey, if you ever feel like talking about some of the musics of your region, there is a World Music topic that hasn't been fed in awhile - or start your own Brazil thread!

Greenboy,

We don´t have much snow here in Brazil. Actually, I never lived a snowy day. Am I missing any good? I visited USA several times. I know Manhatann, Orlando, Miami, San Francisco, L.A., Vegas. And I am crazy about the music stores you have there. My wife already knows: I need two or three days for them. Unfortunetelly, I need almost 4 reais (brazilian money) to buy 1 american dollar, and that´s way even the cheapest gear to you is pretty expensive to me.

Hi trator !!

I live on Long Island, which is next to New York City. I've lived within a 50 mile span my whole life (didn't even go away to college). For the last 16 years, I've lived about 4 miles from where I grew up, and .5 miles from my in-laws.

Bastid, my wife (and her parents) were born in da Bronx. Moved out here when she was 7.

I think snow is good to experience. We have enough here to enjoy it without it being painful. At least that's what I think (others here would like less snow).

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Hey there trator. I live in Windsor Ontario Canada, the southern most city in Canada and right downwind of all the crap coming out of Detroits factories. If the reports are true my non smoker lungs look as black as a smokers lungs from a less polluted area.

An interesting observation I've noticed recently is the amount of Canadians on this board. When you consider that Canada has about the same population as California i see more Canadians on this board then Californians.

However i may be wrong.

I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it.

trator: We don´t have much snow here in Brazil. Actually, I never lived a snowy day. Am I missing any good?
Sure. many new beauties in landscape, skiing, snowmobiling, snow camping with a lady and a good double sleeping bag, ice skating

Unfortunetelly, I need almost 4 reais (brazilian money) to buy 1 american dollar, and that´s way even the cheapest gear to you is pretty expensive to me.
Hah : }  Compared to some here my budget for gear is pretty limited. I just make sure I have what I need, with the right qualities. After being ripped off bigtime, by neccesity I learned to live MORE when I am playing, and less when I am buying ; }

Archived