Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Instructional Bass Videos

zujo

So what are they?

I know I have seen some disappointments as well as some good ones. How about you?

I can definitively recommend all of Bill Dickens Contemporary Bass series. An Abraham Laboriel's Bass an Beyond.

I am interested in Norm Stockton's stuf Has any body seen 'em?

I was extremelly disappointed at Fleas'

I am glad I didn't even buy that one...

"Word to your mother"

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For slap, many swear by the Alexis Sklarevski tapes, while a guy I know has the Marcus Miller tape learned backwards, I think.

I have seen tapes for everything from "fingerstyle jazz" to "flamenco electric riffs for improvisation". Do you have any particular discipline in mind?

One of my faves is the "Jeff Berlin-Electric Bass"

tape. Late 80's, early 90's, lots of professional wrestling references. I have learned much from this tape, but many would scoff at Berlin's name, for whatever reason.

Or professional wrestling references, for that matter.

Perhaps specifying a type of playing or technique would direct the answers you get. Just a thought.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

scoff scoff scoff. i've seen that tape. in fact, wraub showed it to me. lots of "holy carpal tunnel, batman! look at what this ron jeremy impersonater can do to a bass!" not too sure of the instructional value. but i did learn that jeff berlin is pompous and masturbatory.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

I told you some would scoff. Hey, I learned part of my slap technique from that tape, and while slap can be a rather onanistic pastime, the more you do it the better at it you get. :)

And the chordal version of "Yankee Doodle/Dixie" is rather impressive, don't you agree, Chauncey?

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by wraub:

For slap, many swear by the Alexis Sklarevski tapes, while a guy I know has the Marcus Miller tape learned backwards,

:eek::eek: I didnt know Marcus has a tape out!

Where can you get it?

Is it any good?

"Word to your mother"

Originally posted by Bastid E:

scoff scoff scoff. i've seen that tape. in fact, wraub showed it to me. lots of "holy carpal tunnel, batman! look at what this ron jeremy impersonater can do to a bass!" not too sure of the instructional value. but i did learn that jeff berlin is pompous and masturbatory.

LOL! :thu:

The best thing I liked about that video was the cameo by Roddy Piper (sp?) :rolleyes:

I have no homepage.

Archived