Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Viruses, viruses...

Some people should have their computers taken away - those who write viruses, and those who are dumb enough to open them. I've gotten 2 this morning, from 2 different people at nehomemortgage.com. Looks like a Klez variant to me. I called them up right after getting the 2nd one, and the lady says their IT person is looking into it. (Meanwhile, why don't you GET OFF THE NET until you clean it up, dumbass??) So - rant, rant, rant. It's a pain in the ass mostly, like spam, to me. Christopher Kemp Happy Linux User :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too right! I've been sent the BadtransB virus twice by the same person, although i've told him how to clean it. :mad: :mad: :mad:
It's not a successful climb unless you enjoy the journey

Then you get the morons like my idiot co-worker who, when her McAfee av tool catches the sucker on its way into her mailbox and flashes a message, thinks she has infected her system. She announces that she's down and calls up the IT department, then spends endless time with a poor IT guy who can barely speak English walking her through all these steps that would be appropriate had she [i]had[/i] the virus... Then she does it again yesterday! This time i was able to explain to her that the av software caught it, the computer has not been infected... I don't know, maybe it's unreasonable of me, but I think that if you work on a computer in a supposedly technical capcity, and have for [i]years[/i], you should be a little more adept than that. In the group I work with are two people who are so inept that most people could do better after a [i]week[/i] of playing with what these people are claiming to be (and being paid to be) experts in... aaaah, you got me started...

I spent three hours last weekend helping my neighbor who had the Klez virus. He had no anti-virus software on his machine; he does now. What a mess. Spent two hours helping someone else infected with two variations of the Magistr virus. They had an out-dated version (both engine and signature file) of their anti-virus software. They are now up-to-date.
There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

Archived